New EFI Library!

In my best Simpsons/ Mr Burns voice............."Excellent"

I just downloaded the software, and I want to look at some duramax tunes. I downloaded a few of them from the library in .tun format, but when I try to open them in EFI software V8, it only gives me the option of opening .ctd tune files.

Am I missing something here? :lolly::bang

Last edited:
.tun files are Duramax files

.ctd are Cummins files.

I think the free software is only for cummins?

.tun files are Duramax files

.ctd are Cummins files.

I think the free software is only for cummins?

Negative ghostrider, .tun is V7 .ctd is V8 for BBR/BBF/BBL purposes, it doesn't stand for Cummins Turbo Diesel :hehe:

So how do you get the software for the duramax?

Download it :D

The same software works for both.... you need V7 if you are just looking around at a tune. V7 and V8 are two totally seperate things.

You need V7 software to view .tun files for the Duramax.

All of our software is free and is available for download off our website. Without hardware or appropriate registration details, the software is set to demo mode and has limited functionality.

Our V7 software has been our platform for 7 or 8 years now. It was specifically designed for GM gassers and has some development limitations for us (It's very difficult to add support for new vehicles without causing problems with existing platforms). Technology has also changed significantly over that time, so we are mid-way through developing replacement software - V8.

At the moment V7 performs all functionality for most of the GM suite of supported vehicles - read, edit, flash, log, etc. and uses a .tun file extension.

V8 can read, write, Black box log and scan most of the GM suite of supported vehicles but it can't edit files and doesn't have Scan Tool functionality (still in development) using a .ctd file extension.

For Cummins; read/write will be done in V8, but editing will be done in V7.

We are hopeful that by the end of 2011 V7 and .tun files will be phased out completely and that all future uploads will be in .ctd format.

Cheers
Cindy

Back