New filters and such.

Samaras Diesel

Billet steel
I finally got my filter base and a filter, i got a balwin 1311 and a baldwin 1212 fuel filter. Going to install on my truck tomarrow after i get the fittings from town.

Need idea's on how to mount this to my frame. I was thinking a peice of angle iron bolted to the frame. Then the filter base bolterbto that. Any beter ideas?

That's how mine are done. Just a simpe piece of angled steel mounting the filter base bolted to the frame rail. Looks like crap and hangs low. I'll be redoing this when the body comes off for paint and tucking it up inside the frame rail or maybe turning it sideways so it doesn't hang below the framerail.

yeah that looks pretty good, my air dog mount has an adjustable plate that's long enough to bolt around both sides of the frame in places to prevent cutting and drilling on the frame, and on that plate are I think 6-8 bolt holes to adjust the height (or how much you can see of the air dog). I let mine hang almost on the lowest because I cant get it any higher, im sure if I put some more time into it I could hide it but I don't care to because I run a 1/2 sump and if Anything is going to get ripped off the bottom of the truck, its that.

Back