new header w twins!

I have the destroked kit laying in my shop. I got it a few months ago. Damb nice kit. Scott even machines the remote housing. Uses 10an lines also for plenty of flow. I will have to take some pics. The quality is really top notch.

nice! yeah take some pics and post them up! i would love to see some more pics of it. -10 AN thats awesome, i'm just runnin -8 AN on mine. wonder if i need to step it up?

I want to apologize for my ignorance in advance, but does it feed from the bottom and return to the top? :bang

I want to apologize for my ignorance in advance, but does it feed from the bottom and return to the top? :bang

stock it comes from the oilfilter to the top of the aluminium plate and then goes in the engine at the bottom of the plate. so i just went straight to the bottom. the passage was on the plate is still there and will be used if the filter gets pluged and goes in to bypass because the buypass valve is still at the top. here is a pic of what it looks like from the back. hope this makes sense.

CAMERA03024.jpg

So the feed line to the remote oil filter is the top fitting now, and the return from the oil filter is the bottom? And you are feeding the turbo's with post filtered oil?

Pretty sure I have it now...

I cut my filter off too. I used 1/2" hydraulic hose, I had good oil pressure, but my engine developed a knock. I blame lack of oil volume to #5 and #6 rod and mains. I think I would have not had to rebuild my engine if I would have put on a factory oil setup. The cummins factory remote filter setup is 7/8 hose I believe. Make sure you have enough flow.

I cut my filter off too. I used 1/2" hydraulic hose, I had good oil pressure, but my engine developed a knock. I blame lack of oil volume to #5 and #6 rod and mains. I think I would have not had to rebuild my engine if I would have put on a factory oil setup. The cummins factory remote filter setup is 7/8 hose I believe. Make sure you have enough flow.

thanks for the heads up man, i will really look in to that. :Cheer:

any one know what the de-stroke kits are runnin for lines? any one have any long term experience with them?

also what is this factory remote filter set up you speak of? is it used on equiptment set-ups? thanks

I have the Destroked mount on my 12 valve! Been working fine for me! From the pics it looks like it should clear the header fine!

Back