new headlights

strokin6L

just got some new eye's for the truck...some eagle eyes that is. Got a set of '05-'07 harley headlights and they fit really good and look pretty good to i think. Got them off of ebay for $160 and they came with the adapter harness' to plug right into my factory harness and the directions on what to cut to make them fit. I bought the hardware kit for the conversion from Bill at dfuser. Here's some pics.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 0
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 0
thanks guys. i was gonna do the whole '05-'07 front end conversion but i like the big chrome bumpers on the '99-'04's. I am gonna put a 05-07 grill on it tho.

Looks good you will have a little maintanace on those. I have the same ones on my truck and I have to hit them every so often with Plastic-X because they haze a little over time.

Looks good Chris, now you need to get some retro solution 6K HID's. That is the set up that I'm running and LOVE them!!!

-French

Looks good Chris, now you need to get some retro solution 6K HID's. That is the set up that I'm running and LOVE them!!!

-French

I have thought about putting HID's in my truck but I have read they scatter really bad in stock housings. Do you have any problems with light scatter?

I like it man. I love them headlights on the trucks. When I get my Super Duty..that's the first thing I want to do to it.

I have thought about putting HID's in my truck but I have read they scatter really bad in stock housings. Do you have any problems with light scatter?

Yeah, the light scatters, but the light output is sooooo much better than the stock lights, that I don't care;)

Yeah, the light scatters, but the light output is sooooo much better than the stock lights, that I don't care;)

Thanks, I think you just decided what my next mod is going to be after I get my guages and exhaust done.:poke:

Headlights look cool. I see on your lists of mods you have & "TP" 64 turbo. Is it a fixed vane of vgt? How does it spool up? Just curious, I have a fixed vane 62 (40hp injectors), just wanted to see how they compared. Thanks.

the 64/71/70 turbo is a fixed turbo(no vanes). I did have a 62/65/70, but like the 64mm better

Back