New hot pipe after second gen swap with an sxe elbow

Curtis270

I've rigged the original pipe to work for now but keep blowing boots off and it's not in the best shape because of bouncing off everything when the boot blows I've tried cleaning it and hairspray and even double clamped it with nothing workin so I'm wondering where I could pick up one made for it or what y'all are using any help is appreciated :banghead:

What kind of manifold and is it pointed up/down or straight flange?

What are you using as a hot pipe right now? Pics would help a little bit

What kind of manifold and is it pointed up/down or straight flange?

What are you using as a hot pipe right now? Pics would help a little bit

It's the factory pipe but I had to shorten it for my s363 then when I switched to the sxe369 with the elbow I picked up a longer boot to use. It's a 2nd gen t4 foot in the regular position

image_zpssxjvupbn.jpeg

Look into the mikalor clamps more clamping force, stronger studs and rolled clamp edges. You can pick them up at a local Fastenal most stores will have to order but easiest place to find them.
MikalorW2_600.jpg

That boot looks too long to me. There shouldn't be that much distance between the pipe and discharge IMO.

Get a mandrel bent tubing, easy to find in that size. Colombia river mandrel bends online being one.

Need bd spring clamps, also way to long of a boot. Need a much shorter gap between elbow and pipe. 3/4" max. Make sure hot pipe has a rolled end.

Thanks guys everywhere I've call that tig welds only does it for the mines so looks like I'm stuck with getting it bent locally hopefully the crimps won't be to bad and it will stay together as for the ends I'll just mig a bead close to the end for the roll

My Trans is out right now haven't had time to get the pipe bent or the new clamps yet

Back