New King of the Hill Video

Big Blue24

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I just stumbled across this video from Diesel Power Magazine.

It was uploaded Aug 31st, so it's been out on the street for 2 days.

Poor Dodge, couldn't compete with the Ford or Chevy. I'll bet any of the three would tow like a dream!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEXcORiTZOg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEXcORiTZOg[/ame]

I posted the actual PickupTrucks.com ten page report from this test a while back and no one gave a chit about it (no responses)...

So here is a free bump for ya Will (saw the vid yesterday).

Its seems people now a days think the most important part of a tow rig is how much horsepower it has and how fast is can go from 0-60...:doh:. I dont put to much into what DPM or PickupTrucks.com thinks of this or that anymore.

But, yep I would happily take any of the new generation of diesel pick up trucks. They will all do the job.

I love it when he said "it takes Horsepower, not torque to win"

I posted the actual PickupTrucks.com ten page report from this test a while back and no one gave a chit about it (no responses)...

So here is a free bump for ya Will (saw the vid yesterday).

Its seems people now a days think the most important part of a tow rig is how much horsepower it has and how fast is can go from 0-60...:doh:. I dont put to much into what DPM or PickupTrucks.com thinks of this or that anymore.

But, yep I would happily take any of the new generation of diesel pick up trucks. They will all do the job.

We now have an in-house video guy that does some pretty cool stuff :cheer:

In defense of the test, for people that tow that heavy, it is a very valid concern....I know of a guy who starts at the bottom of that hill at 80mph and gets sucked down to under 30mph at the top. Stock 6.0L Ford.

I doubt the OEMs would go for it, but I'd still like to see a shootout with three trucks with basic tuners to see who's tops then. It sure would give some better economy numbers! :doh:

Back