New Motor Obtained...

Camotanker

All American Retard
Time for the rebuild. This is gonna be nasty! :rockwoot:

post-4-1226193261_thumb.jpg

post-4-1226193286_thumb.jpg

Thats cool Camo, I'll getting ready to do the same thing!!!, What are your plans for head work?, if you dont mind me asking. I would like to talk to ya a little more, Drop me a pm if you want

Thats cool Camo, I'll getting ready to do the same thing!!!, What are your plans for head work?, if you dont mind me asking. I would like to talk to ya a little more, Drop me a pm if you want

not a 6.7. :)

not much on the head work. i'm on a budget and have to get some of the functional stuff out of the way so it will maintain its reliablitity.

i haven't been this excited about diesel stuff in a long time!

not a 6.7. :)

not much on the head work. i'm on a budget and have to get some of the functional stuff out of the way so it will maintain its reliablitity.

i haven't been this excited about diesel stuff in a long time!
Iv got alot of head work to do, big plans. Budget o yes i have one of those too. Its total tear down, at this point. Congrats and goodluck to ya Camo, i will post some #, but look for it in a couple months. Hope to get the first hook at TS in 09:)

Corey you didn't melt your motor down did you? Or you just going bigger? Seems like alot of people burning up these CR's?

O no, just setting the one thats in it aside for now, bought another CR and want to try a few things, staying a 2.6, but may even go 2.8.

this is a stock 03 piston. you will not notice in the second marine piston much difference, however you can tell that the outter lip on the marine piston is not as high as if it has been shaved from the factory.

DSC_0021-2.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

I was gonna ask if you found a marine block... seems like I answered my own question. :rockwoot:

Yeah, what's the difference between a marine block and our blocks? Making some plans for the future. :kick:

Marine blocks.
15:1 compression stock.
more nickel cast (stronger block)
hand selected rods.
skirts coated.
modified pistons.
fluid dampner stock.
larger pully on water pump as freezeplug saver.

So 2 mudpits, 2 blown headgaskets, and one loose valve cover.... cha-bling!

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0005-5.jpg

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0008-3.jpg

what the compression of a truck engine?

whats a marine block run, price wise?

I was about to say Simple Green...that stuff cleans EVERYTHING. LOL

Back