NEW/Rebuilt Alternator for 6.7 (5.9?)

Krazeeun

Hardway Performance
OK GUYS, help me recover some funds from my "throwing parts at truck" frenzy i just went through

I had an extremely irritating electrical issue with my truck with a rapid pulsing of the voltage in my electrical system where the lights would randomly flicker and all my gauges would wig out... It all started when one of my batteries went bad, i drove for a few days like that, eventually killing both batteries, i jump started my truck and drove on the alternator only to get to work, which in turned killed the stator in my alternator

All in one shot I replaced 2 bad batteries with one good optima red top, had the alternator rebuilt at a reputable shop down-town and thought I was good to go. That's when stupid freaking out electrical system started. After cleaning every connection I could find, re-routing some wires, changing a few things, I thought it was my "rebuilt" alternator... so I spent $430 on a BRAND NEW BOSCH alternator, only to install it and find the truck still freaking out...

At this time I'm leaning towards installing a 2nd battery and/or replacing my airdog because it stops freaking out if I pull the fuze that runs that..

moral of the story, I'm $550 invested in two alternators that both work perfect and were not the cause of the issue.... WHO WANTS ONE!?

It cost me $120 to have the stock one completely overhauled and $430 for the brand new one (not reman, brand new!) The brand new one is in my truck, for the right dollar amount I'll swap back to my re-man one and ship the new one

Start the bids at $150 for overhauled one and $250 for brand new one... coming out of FL, if you're local I'll help with install :bang

Back