New Single Turbo

ChuMaDD

Meh
I am going to appolgize in advance for my lack of knowledge on turbos, but could someone please enligthen me on this subject?

Would a GT3788R (stage 3 garret powermax) be too large for my current setup in my sig?
RATED RWHP: 550
A/R RATIO: 0.99
COMP WHL MM/TRIM: 88/52
TURBO WHL MM/TRIM: 72.5/78

Last edited:
Don't do it. It's not a very street friendly turbo. Even on my common rail with a cam, it still surged at sea level. Also, you measurements are way off. It's more like 63/88 compressor, 72.5/66 turbine. Take if from someone that has ran a Garrett 3788R as a single, just get a Borg Warner and be happy the first time.

It also only flows 67lbs/min. A 60mm ETT Borg Warner out flows it by 1lbs/min and a 62mm ETT Borg Warner out flows it by 5lbs/min. And they don't surge.

Garretts do do well in compounds however. Mainly because the small (secondary) turbo can't surge because the big (primary) turbo is force feeding it.

Ok, I got the measurements from the website so I guess they were off unfortunately my wife's Trans blew up in her truck and I am now using this money I had for a turbo to fix that

Gives me more time to think on the right turbo for my needs

Back