New Sump from BDP

Hey David what did you use to plug the hole the draw straw left? I sold mine with my Raptor pump system last fall :bang so now I have a hole to fill.

Can't wait to recieve my BDP Sump thanks Eric!

Last edited:
Hey David what did you use to plug the hole the draw straw left? I sold mine with my Raptor pump system last fall :bang so now I have a hole to fill.

Can't wait to recieve my BDP Sump thanks Eric!

I had my old fass draw straw spot which I just left in place but just capped it with a cap...

It was actually a Glacier Diesel straw and I used one of the rubber gromets to seal it.. I cut it in half and tightened it up...

There's got to be something you can use with some rubber to tighten down...The bad part is that you'll have to pull the tank and the basket to get to the inside.... I had mine out anyway since this unit was for the tank drop install...

I had been through several things trying to improve fuel delivery without having it run dry before empty... I even modded the basket too.. Come to find out my fass seemed to be acting up... Got the new Air Dog and this sump now.. All seems fine :)

Good luck buddy!

I had my old fass draw straw spot which I just left in place but just capped it with a cap...

It was actually a Glacier Diesel straw and I used one of the rubber gromets to seal it.. I cut it in half and tightened it up...

There's got to be something you can use with some rubber to tighten down...The bad part is that you'll have to pull the tank and the basket to get to the inside.... I had mine out anyway since this unit was for the tank drop install...

I had been through several things trying to improve fuel delivery without having it run dry before empty... I even modded the basket too.. Come to find out my fass seemed to be acting up... Got the new Air Dog and this sump now.. All seems fine :)

Good luck buddy!

Tanks already out and on the floor from when I removed the draw straw. Basket is hanging from the oem lines because I couldn't get the damn fittings lose. LOL

I used an expandable freeze plug in my drawstraw hole.

Where do I get one of those Ryan??

Tanks already out and on the floor from when I removed the draw straw. Basket is hanging from the oem lines because I couldn't get the damn fittings lose. LOL

LOL

Oh man! I feel ya!

If it wasn't for the help of my sightly smaller friend Mike helpling me, we might have every got one my my fittings loose... Those damn things are a PITA!!!

He got pretty good at it though with as many times as we've had my tank out...(installing new lines and my second filtering system.. also trying to diagnose my old fass issues).... We got pretty dang good at dropping the tank...But not something I'd care to do ever again after that many times...lol

Where do I get one of those Ryan??

Any auto parts store should have a rack of various sizes.

I used a very light coat of RTV on both sides of the gasket and with the teflon washers under the nuts I have 0 leaks.

I used a very light coat of RTV on both sides of the gasket and with the teflon washers under the nuts I have 0 leaks.

Ah! Good call. I didn't think about using rtv on the gasket.

Oh well, if a problem every arrises I'll pull it and do that.

Thanks.. But its good so far.

Nice install write up in the current Diesel World! :rockwoot:

Who's the ugly mug in the pics tho? :hehe: LOL

Back