New to CD. Intro and need advice

leebo1082

BassAckwards
Wanted to intro myself and hopefully get some advice. I finished my first diesel project about 3 years ago. Put a VE 12v in a '96 Chevy CCSB (actually converted it to a SB) K3500 SRW. Did o-rings, studs, maxed the VE, timing spacer, skipped a tooth, 5x14 SACs, ported 351/S472, Powerstroke IC w/ 3" pipes, built 4l80e w/ triple disc.

Now I'm converting to p-pump shooting for honest 600whp. I've got a Farrell Stage II 175 pump ready to go on. Seth set it at 370cc and 20*. It will flow 440cc. I'm leaning towards Lenny's 10 hole stage 3 injectors (waiting to hear back from him).

Do y'all think the stage II pump will do 600? (I'm in SC near sea level).

How about my compound setup? I'm planning on a FMW for the 351. Do I need to upgrade the 72 to a 75mm?

What's y'alls opinion about injectors?

I DD the truck and tow 10K fairly regularly. I look forward to hearing back!!

Attachments

• engine side.jpg
    engine side.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 0
  • engine front.jpg
    engine front.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 0
  • truck side.jpg
    truck side.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 0
Attendance on this forum hasn't really been much the past few years for obvious reasons. I would check with Weston at Infinite Performance on the injectors and primary sizing.

Thank you. I appreciate the reply. Maybe it’s because I don’t get out much, but what’s the reason for the reduced site traffic? EPA? This is still the good ‘ole mechanical group. Then again, these trucks are getting pretty old. The youngsters might not give them much attention.

It's not really as much due to it being a mechanically injected, but there is so much info out there that people especially out there where it's been beat to death(12V VE and P-pump, 24V VP and CR) don't have a desire to give advise. Plus depending on how you use it and your budget the best setup for you will vary of course. Because of that, this forum is more for non-modding related bs-ing.

I'd leave the turbos the same and do the swap and see how it works out. Your turbo choice sounds good to me for a daily driver that tows.

Quick spooling 500hp is an excellent work truck/daily driver.

.... what’s the reason for the reduced site traffic?

As soon as facespace and other social media hit the ground attendance really dropped. Good thing is, it took most of the mouth breathers with it. Just a few old schools left and every now and again a few newbs.

Welcome.

As soon as facespace and other social media hit the ground attendance really dropped. Good thing is, it took most of the mouth breathers with it. Just a few old schools left and every now and again a few newbs.

Welcome.

Thanks for the insight and for the welcome!!

That is a billet wheel, not forged, I'd save your money.

Thank you for helping me see the difference. Hopefully my chargers will get the job done as they are. Will probably never dyno it anyway. Just want my butt dyno to feel 100-200hp more than it did with the VE and 5x14s.

I'd leave the turbos the same and do the swap and see how it works out. Your turbo choice sounds good to me for a daily driver that tows.

Quick spooling 500hp is an excellent work truck/daily driver.

Thank you. That’s probably what I’ll do.

Back