new to diesel world, questions about efi live

dmax29

I recently bought a 2004.5 sierra duramax that I use as a daily driver and have a few questions about efi live. I tried researching about it but there is so much information I dont even know where to start.I have a bully dog triple dog already( which Im removing) with a 4" turbo back silverline exhaust, air dog 150, and afe intake.So my first question is what do i need to start? Do I buy the EFI live v2 with the licenses? Or can I take it to a efi live tuner and just have them tune a edge cts or my stock ecm? Im also looking into installing an egr delete kit and installing an aftermarket mouth piece . Do i need the v2 for removing it from limp mode or can the tuner do it? My last question is where in northeast ohio is the best place to have it tuned? Its my daily driver just looking for more power. Thanks

it all depends on what you want to do with your truck. if you just want it tuned and then leave it alone, then take it somewhere and have it tuned by a reputable tuner. or you can buy a custom tuned ecm from duramax tuner. if you want to play around with it and do some of your own tuning than i would suggest getting the v2 package deal. comes with a dsp5 switch, 5 custom tunes, 2 engine, and 2 trans liscenses. thats what i did because i like to play with the tuning program when i get bored.

Unless you have plans of building the truck for racing or pulling just have someone tune it for you. No need to invest alot of money in a V2 just to get a good tune.

First off, welcome to CompD. Little free advice, be conservative with the tuning while your transmission is stock. If you get into the high HP tunes and you start limping that Allison, it ain't gonna be cheap! $.02

Where do you live? There may be a good tuner near you.

If not give Rob Coddens @ ATP a call. He can take care of you

If you are just wanting some tuning with no big future plans, find someone with a V2 or autocal to flash your ecm. Then your only cost is VIN license, tuning, and a DSP5 switch. I run Robs tunes on my mostly stock LBZ and have been happy with them.

Back