New to diesel

LAGUNA GRANDE

I just got a new ram 2008 6.7l cummins turbo diesel. I am new to diesels and know little if nothing about them.. Is there anything extra I have to do, maintenance wise? And last, how do I check if the engine is a v6 or a v8.. That's a big engine for it to be a v6, but I may be wrong.

the 6.7l is a straight 6 cummins engine that is very reliable only thing you have to really do if you dont want to add power is change oil,filter,etc.,etc. and welcome to compd!

the 6.7l is a straight 6 cummins engine that is very reliable only thing you have to really do if you dont want to add power is change oil,filter,etc.,etc. and welcome to compd!

Thanks! I bought it from my neighbor, he just used it to pull his trailer and he got a new one. I liked it and bout it.

I'm ok to learning. I don't know everything, so this site is very useful for further diesel education. However, this site isn't very forgiving to those that know absolutely nothing about a diesel.

Use the search. Almost anything and everything is already on here. I would not post that you don't know what a V6 or a V8 is, or if you 6.7 is one of them.

where are you located? and something you can do if it isnt already done is get rid of all the emmissions crap!

Laguna, I am new too.
I like my camper.
Do you have a camper?

no nothing with the keys its all the stuff that keeps the smoke away! like the cateletic converter (should be behind the muffler) get rid of that and your fuel millage will go up 3-4 gallon

Laguna, I am new too.
I like my camper.
Do you have a camper?

No, but my family wants me to. We went camping last year once with friends, they have a nice camper. Now the wife wants one. One of the reasons we got this truck. My neighbor said it pulls good.

no nothing with the keys its all the stuff that keeps the smoke away! like the cateletic converter (should be behind the muffler) get rid of that and your fuel millage will go up 3-4 gallon

Oh, like with the exhaust? I must have read that wrong. Thanks! It will make the mileage that much better? Seems like a lot!

you would be suprised at how much those darn things get clogged up and one more thing whats with the camper stuff? and what kind of milage do you get now?

you would be suprised at how much those darn things get clogged up and one more thing whats with the camper stuff? and what kind of milage do you get now?

I don't know. We got the truck and are looking for a camper. The mileage had been about 16.

Back