new toy

outlaw99

just bought a 06 qaud cab shortbed. looking to start some mods, ive been doing some research im gonna go with a full billet trans, suncoast converter and vb, ts mp8 stacked with a s-06 box, duall cp3, 90hp nozzles and a good turbo not sure what yet:rockwoot: looking for maybe some advice on those mods do they seem to run good on these common rails, i have had a vp and p-pump truck so new to the full elctronics...

Besides gauges, and a lift pump, you just about got it. These CR's spool turbos pretty well. I would suggest a turbo around the size of a 64/71/14, maybe a 66mm compressor if you don't mind a little lag, and aren't going to tow heavy. I have had great experiences with Goerend transmissions as well. Just something to look into. Have Fun! Colin

How much lag did you want? We could always whip up a big Garrett! Something mimicking a Aurora 5K. Are you pulling with this one or just drag racing?

Things to consider:

Not only the trans,.. but get a flex plate. The oem will not cut it. I recommend the Suncoast laminated steel. Billet flex plates don't flex,.. laminated steel does. They call it flex plate for a reason.

Lift pump: None compares to Opie's Gusher pump. What drives most all lift pumps,...12v!!! What drives Opie's mechanical pump? A Cummins!! It pumps what you need for whatever rpm and load the engine needs. No brainer if you're serious about power.

The rest sounds good except you left out Intercooler. If you're looking in the 60psi and abv range you need a serious Intercooler and don't scrimp on the boots,... get only the best.

That's my $.02.

Oooops!

Not only the trans,.. but get a flex plate. The oem will not cut it. I recommend the Suncoast laminated steel. Billet flex plates don't flex,.. laminated steel does. They call it flex plate for a reason.

Lift pump: None compares to Opie's Gusher pump. What drives most all lift pumps,...12v!!! What drives Opie's mechanical pump? A Cummins!! It pumps what you need for whatever rpm and load the engine needs. No brainer if you're serious about power.

The rest sounds good except you left out Intercooler. If you're looking in the 60psi and abv range you need a serious Intercooler and don't scrimp on the boots,... get only the best.

That's my $.02.

Forgot!!

You need ARP bolts for your head and also HD springs. The S-06 doesn't work well with oem springs.

You ditch the 12V Danny? :what: I thought I was gonna see that truck run me down this year at Kilkare. We were neck and neck on fuel last year.

BTW....think light weight when you look for a tire/wheel combo. Not those mud slingers you used last year at the track. LOL

look in your sig.....lol..jk i will try to get some up... im not sure what im going to do just yet.. i still need to get rid of yellow bigbird and my talon...lol

yes i sold the 12v.. kicking my self in the ass for sure... the truck made alm ost 700hp before i sold it i wanted to go down the track so bad after it went 12.40 with 540hp...lol i think it wouldve went a 11.70 or so... oh well new one to build now... it has wood grain...lol

You should Give Jeff Garmon a call for your transmission. He makes a great product and you just can't beat the price, I'm VERY happy with what I paid and the quality of the unit. Have fun with your new toy.......ROB

Talk with Josh or Sleepy about getting Garmon\Taylor parts. Sleepy's running some of them.

Just curious why the Dual CP3s. I assume you're planning ahead a little bit?

IMO the single cp3 doesnt not keep up well enough with bigger injectors in a common rail.. I think it is ass backwards to put injectors in a truck but not have a pump that will keep up with them? just my thoughts.. its like having a 66mm turbo with no injectors at all... yeah its faster but its nowhere near what it could be.. I could prob just do a learger single cp3 kit, but i figure one of these days it will be a big twins truck...lol

Back