New track in southern utah! sort of.

Todd W

Comp Diesel Sponsor
With all the talk of drag racing being in decline it is good to see people putting money into this sport. A group of motor enthusiasts are converting an old airport into a track. the old runway had groves cut every 6 inches or so for rain drainage making for a crappy surface. These guys got a bunch of money raised and are today poring 300' of new concrete and following that with 200' of new asphalt. they also just purchased a new fancy wireless timing system that should give real accurate times.

Anyways being is southern Utah I am super excited. also they run a diesel only class at their events. Also trucks can run against gassers as well which the spectators always are shocked to see the big trucks outrun the muscle cars.

There has been talk on here on growing diesel drag racing. One of the ways proposed is to get in front of gasser crowds and put on a show. The next race is may31st. I know this is the same as the Denver nhrda race and also TS. but anyone reasonably close and not going to those events should head to saint George!

webpage of group doing races.

http://blackrockmotorsports.org/

Last edited:
I might make the trip down. Some things have to come together first though so we will see.

Glad to see this track getting setup! It'll give me a good excuse to go visit down there some more

only class on the 31st with a guaranteed payout is the diesel class. Not a lot but if you win it should be a couple hundred bucks!

May have to drive down to see this. Should be fun.

May have to drive down to see this. Should be fun.

Bring your truck and race!! its bracket racing so anyone can win. If you haven't raced before this event is pretty laid back and would be a great time to learn how.

Back