New Truck build

So you are testing the different boxes on the dyno? That shoud be interesting.

I believe they are. I loaned my smarty out to a guy to help him out. Now am struggling to get it back. As long as I get that they will test both. By the time they are done dynoing. I'm probably going to need a new trans.

So whatever programmer makes the most power your going to keep? Very nice truck BTW

That's one sharp a$$ truck!

And you probably will need a new trans! LOL

I believe they are. I loaned my smarty out to a guy to help him out. Now am struggling to get it back. As long as I get that they will test both. By the time they are done dynoing. I'm probably going to need a new trans.

I just put a new copilot in the for sale section if you were thinking of going with one...

Efilive isn't out for the 2011 up trucks...I'd venture a guess as to that being the reason...

a6f985a6-6c92-34dd.jpg

A little better picture for you

Pure Bada$$.... love the wheels!

Been a while so let me give you the scoop on things. We installed some parts and did some dyno runs as we went.

AirAid on factory truck gained 20HP over factory filter
AirAid w/ electronics gained 25HP over factory filter

Smarty w/ Edge CTS definately gave a HP gain but I can't remember the numbers. Somewhere around 100-120 HP. I daily drive it on 3. Ran it up to 9 for chits and giggles and it seemed to get quite a big more lag to it. So I put it back down. 3 and 5 work great though.

H&S had some problems. I think how I downloaded it more than likely. Because the bone stock truck made 65 MORE HP than it made with the H&S plugged in. Even with it turned all the way up it made 35 HP more. So I definately have something wrong with my H&S. Again, more than likely I am the issue LOL.
Yukon 4.56 gears went in along with the mag dif and trans covers. Gears were a HUGE help. With the gears and exhaust delete the truck gained 7 MPG. Went from 9 to 16. So I'm definately pleased.
Now I'm waiting for Steed Speed to finish up the new manifolds for these trucks. When they do it will go on with the billet 63mm wheel from Fleece and ARP studs. More than likely the Suncoast will be going in at that time. The stock trans seems to be doing just fine right now. Took a little bit for it to learn the new power. Once it did it seems to shift fine. I'll see about getting the H&S fixed up with results.

Parts on the truck now are

AirDog II 100
AirAid
Smarty w/ Edge CTS
Yukon 4.56 gears
Mag dif cover and trans pan
H&S 5" exhaust

Parts still to go on

TS MP8
Steed Speed Manifold
ARP Studs
Fleece 63mm comp wheel
Suncoats trans

Been a while so let me give you the scoop on things. We installed some parts and did some dyno runs as we went.

AirAid on factory truck gained 20HP over factory filter
AirAid w/ electronics gained 25HP over factory filter

Smarty w/ Edge CTS definately gave a HP gain but I can't remember the numbers. Somewhere around 100-120 HP. I daily drive it on 3. Ran it up to 9 for chits and giggles and it seemed to get quite a big more lag to it. So I put it back down. 3 and 5 work great though.

H&S had some problems. I think how I downloaded it more than likely. Because the bone stock truck made 65 MORE HP than it made with the H&S plugged in. Even with it turned all the way up it made 35 HP more. So I definately have something wrong with my H&S. Again, more than likely I am the issue LOL.
Yukon 4.56 gears went in along with the mag dif and trans covers. Gears were a HUGE help. With the gears and exhaust delete the truck gained 7 MPG. Went from 9 to 16. So I'm definately pleased.
Now I'm waiting for Steed Speed to finish up the new manifolds for these trucks. When they do it will go on with the billet 63mm wheel from Fleece and ARP studs. More than likely the Suncoast will be going in at that time. The stock trans seems to be doing just fine right now. Took a little bit for it to learn the new power. Once it did it seems to shift fine. I'll see about getting the H&S fixed up with results.

Parts on the truck now are

AirDog II 100
AirAid
Smarty w/ Edge CTS
Yukon 4.56 gears
Mag dif cover and trans pan
H&S 5" exhaust

Parts still to go on

TS MP8
Steed Speed Manifold
ARP Studs
Fleece 63mm comp wheel
Suncoats trans

Interesting on the mile per gallon gain on the gear swap, were you running around in 4th most of the time with the larger tires?
Curious why you used an AirDog instead of the FASS. LOL
Disregard the text I found out the stock sizes.

Interesting on the mile per gallon gain on the gear swap, were you running around in 4th most of the time with the larger tires?
Curious why you used an AirDog instead of the FASS. LOL
Disregard the text I found out the stock sizes.

Ya after I just got back with it I saw LOL 245/70-17 FYI

I ran on the interstate at about 80 mph in 5th gear at 1800 rpm if I remember right. 6th gear was never used at all. It was a laggy terd.

Ya after I just got back with it I saw LOL 245/70-17 FYI

I ran on the interstate at about 80 mph in 5th gear at 1800 rpm if I remember right. 6th gear was never used at all. It was a laggy terd.

I am sure the transmission is much happier with the reduced gears as well.

I run 5th while towing occasionally hitting 6th depending on conditions. Have a 34" tire and 3.73. Overall pretty happy with the truck. got about 13mpg towing a 64chevelle across the state last weekend. Seem to be getting about 10 towing the puller.

I am sure the transmission is much happier with the reduced gears as well.

I run 5th while towing occasionally hitting 6th depending on conditions. Have a 34" tire and 3.73. Overall pretty happy with the truck. got about 13mpg towing a 64chevelle across the state last weekend. Seem to be getting about 10 towing the puller.
The 37's with 3.73's had it set up to run the salt flats.

Why an AirDog II 100?

That's all thats needed. Duh!

Back