New turbo mounted

Schevyii63

New charger is on waiting for the rest of my piping. Hope to have it running by the weekend.:evil

Attachments

• ED turbo 1.bmp
    640.8 KB · Views: 452
  • ED turbo 2.bmp
    640.8 KB · Views: 440
is that a race cover??

judgin by the pics... it doesnt look like a normal Comp housing.

Lance

BTPA will most likely be next year for me, This year I want to get truck set up good at the local pulls, also I need to start working on the safety stuff on the truck before I can compete in there association. Safety items are next on my list of things to get done. And yes it is a race cover.

yes, I have a Cummins elbow but i dont think it will work. So I bought a flange from Source, and a 180 degree 3" J-bend from summit racing. With the 180 J-bend, I should be able to cut the elbow to any angle I want. I will post pics this weekend when I get it fabbed up.

Only problem with chopping the j-bend is gonne be trying to get the shape of the end of the bend round. Do-able, though, I spose. The elbow I have is 90 degrees, like the stock one you have is. I'm thinking about cutting a piece of straight at 15* angle, flipping the 2 halves 180*, and welding them back together to give me an abrupt 30 degree jog, which seems to be about how much I'm off.

I found a pipe in the II ad in the magizine that they sell with there 2.8 K31 kit that includes everything manifold, piping, charger. The pipe in the pic looks like a nice piece, but they said they will not sell it separately. I guess I will see what I can fab up this week.

I got the intercooler pipe fitted and tack welded today.

Attachments

• intercooler pipe 1.bmp
    640.8 KB · Views: 175
  • intercooler pipe 2.bmp
    640.8 KB · Views: 177
Back