New Turbo-no smoke

Hitchedup

Hello Chris,
Looking for new Turbo.
I am planning on 450 hp on my 12v.

I have done some mods allready:
96 12v, nv 4500 4wd, KDP X'd, BHAF, 32" Tires, 4:10s, Autometer Boost and Pyro, Isspro fuel, AFE 4", AFC mods, #11 plate.
And plan on 5x.012 injectors, 4gsk, 60#valve springs, and eventually an exhaust brake.
I live in California, w/smog laws that suck.
Truck is a DD that tows 10,000+ into mountains a few times a year.

I am concerned about smoke. I have some time before purchase.
Could make some recomendations for me.
Thanks,
Gordon

Before Chris chimes in, he sold me a 58ET/65/12cm that was an absolute awesome charger on my 95. Dynoed 378/998 with absolutely just a whisper of smoke after spoolup.

If you are being honest with your goals, about the HP and towing you want to do, I would personally go no bigger than a 60mm charger. Bigger than that and it just seems to take a bit more RPM to get in it's sweet spot, and EGT's have usually been higher due to that. I like the smaller wheels for towing, and they are absolute torque monsters, which is a lot more fun to drive, IMHO.

Now let's see what Chris has to say....watch him tell me I'm wrong, or that he has something better up his sleeve now!

Chris:D

Please tell me I am wrong about the CAT law. I am honestly going buy what I was told.
And thanks for any opinion or advice.

They don't have cats, if it was an original California truck it has an egr

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Don't know about that, but I ordered this truck in 95-waited a year to get it.
No EGR, Eng plate say's 215hp, came with a cat. New from Dealer in say Sept.ish 96.

Back