New Turbo, Pedistal, and 46 mm wastegate

jpowel29

Some pics of my new induction set-up coming together:

Thanks to Rick Lance @ Pro Fab for the fab work and powder coating.
Thanks to Josh O'Conner @ Smokin Diesel for the Precision Turbo and wastegate.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Precision Turbo & 46mm Wastegate - side.jpg
    Precision Turbo & 46mm Wastegate - side.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Modified Y-Bridge.jpg
    Modified Y-Bridge.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 46
Turbo sets nicely in the valley. Lots left to do but I do know that I can shut the hood...

Attachments

• front view.JPG
    front view.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 81
  • wastegate port flange.JPG
    wastegate port flange.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 43
  • clearance.JPG
    clearance.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 41
  • side view.JPG
    side view.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 46
dukcaln i'm gonna go with high boost and moderate EGTs... He only runs it on the dyno and at the strip, pretty sure he doesn't daily drive it... LOL

Gee. thats not hard to figure out...... just want to see how that turbo responds to cooling and whats the boost...... anybody could guess high boost.... Duh

i was kidding man, didn't ya see the LOL? You'd have to ask john on that one.

Have not run the new set-up yet - still working on having pieces fabricated. The wastegate will help out since I am running a small(er) 1.28 exh housing and may spray it.

With my previous GT4202 and an aggressive EFI Live tune I would see 1600+ at the top end of the track. As far as boost goes 45-48 psi.

Is that ricks pedestal or PPE's? I like the modified intake tube.

Rick's pedistal, headers, up-pipes, downpipe mods, and soon to be 6" air intake

Rick's pedistal, headers, up-pipes, downpipe mods, and soon to be 6" air intake

How are you going to fit your downpipe? On our pulling truck, a 4inch down pipe is very tight with a little tweaking to fit. I was thinking maybe 4" oval pipe in the tight section then back to 4 inch round pipe? I have not seen many trucks in person with a turbo that big in the stock location to figure it out yet.

BFH helped move the firewall back/out a little. The only flat spots on the downpipe are where it wraps close to the up-pipe flanges.

BFH helped move the firewall back/out a little. The only flat spots on the downpipe are where it wraps close to the up-pipe flanges.

Yea I was trying to keep from that but it may end up happening. I hope to see your truck at TS.

I will post up more pics once Rick gets things a little further along.

Back