New Turbo

Rdsutton

Help....First timer on swapen turbos! Ok, put a new turbo on truck in sig. fri. And still trying to dial in AFC? Picked up a Chetta, 63/68/12, It has the trademark whistle @ idle and a nice wind up sound! After mounting, and pre oil break in, start it and all good. First test drive I left AFC alone, (all mods done last year, OEM spring, #100 plate and it was VERY responsive with OEM turbo and no trouble hitting 35psi boost). Peddle was hard and would not spool up till 2k RPM. I set the AFC up for a new tune, Star wheel tight, smoke screw all the way out, Plate and housing full forward, let's go. Not so fast, I couldn't get out of the drive way! Peddle was a cement brick LOL. Turned the star wheel till in the middle and I got her to move down the road to the first tune pit stop! Finally got smoke screw adjusted, a lite puff and turbo spools around 1200 to 1500 rpm for the first 10 psi boost. THE STARR WHEEL!! In the middle it feels Laggie and peddle still hard. Star wheel all the way to left or LOOSE and it smokes hard in mid range AND PEGS my pyro and barly makes 25psi boost! I can get the star wheel adjusted to where a little smoke in mid range and it clears right up BUT barely makes 25psi boost and go back to a little brick for a peddle. What am I doing wrong? I have 3x checked all turbo, AFC and inner cooler boots, all good. Pressure tested to check for leaks, holds 20psi, ON leaks. Thank for reading, any insight will fall on attentive ears!! Thanks Dave

Back