new turbo

Did they tell you what code it was?? The reason I ask is my dads truck has been throwing a code every so often saying something like low boost or something like that.......curious if he should take his in and have it looked at..??

p2262 was the code( the plate in the turbo was sticking), also the code means that the turbos computer wasnt reconizing boost

35,000 miles on mine and had;
new turbo
new catalatic converter
new egr valve
old egr valve taken off and cleaned about 7 times
every new flash update they have came out with

I'm with you Bluetick.......
I have had a new egr valve, filters cleaned and replaced, new turbo, new pcm, and a flash update every time it is in the shop. 15,000 miles and less than a year old (07.5 4door 4x4). They just towed it out of the yard 5 minutes ago. Truck couldn't get out of its own way. Message flashed once 70% full, twice 80%........100% contact dealer.

I contacted the dealer and then my lawyer.

I tow about 5000lbs 4 days a week and have a red cel on almost continuously. Don't know the codes but the answer is always the same "Got to get er' on the hyway and blow er out". I just got done "blowin er out" driving 90mph for about 70 miles. Next day the cel light was on again. POS.

It's my work truck. No truck, no work. No work=loose clients. I've had enough I think it's time to check out chevy.

Yeah they told me that crap about blowing it out too. I told them I didn't know I bought a truck that had to be run wide open all the time to keep it going.
When the cel comes on, turn your truck off and turn the key on 3 times real fast and it will display the code in your odometer and you can keep a record of the codes that come up.
Darrell

If you were to wash it out, like many dealers have done, which way should the water be pushed?

Back