Newbies building twins. Tips and tricks ?

me2

We are going to build a set of twins for a 6.7 Cummins in an 08 Dodge.
We are using an S475 over an HE351VE.

We have pretty much decided to invert the manifold and mount the HE351 on top, at the front and put the S475 at the bottom so the exhaust on it is pretty much where the HE351 exhaust was when stock.

Any tips and tricks we should be aware of ? Advice ? Comments ?

Thanks.

the kits I have seen with that charger setup were the 351 on bottom with the primary up top.

Should the cold pipe be steel or aluminum ? Any advantage to one or the other ?

Is there anything better than using boots between the cold pipe and the turbos ?

Any tips on the hot pipe, specifically where it goes into the S475 ?

the kits I have seen with that charger setup were the 351 on bottom with the primary up top.

I've seen them that way too. But it looks like they crowd the heater box and they require downpipe mods ? Should we do it that way or with the 351 on top ?

We have a clean slate to start with... I'm all ears for ideas.

I think the first thing we will do is invert the manifold and the 351 and then see if we like how much room we have to work with.

I think inverting mani and mounting the 351 up front makes for a short hot pipe to the 475.

if there is room I like the inverted idea never looked at it to see if it will work I say try it

Or try for a 24v manifold and flip it, you wil have to modify for flange on turbo but a3rd gen kit will be close to working otherwise...

Why not just run the 475 as a single on the 6.7. From what i hear they spool great

I would use caution running the 351 up top. I have not personally seen it done but I would think that would make it the high point in the cooling system. You might get it air locked and I know these turbos don't like running with no cooling. Just a thought

Back