NFUO guys - local Rancho dealer?

I would have gladly spent the money on the good ****. But when the good **** means a 12" rear from John Force's car because people don't think it can be done on a smaller gear it gets me wondering what laws of physics am I trying to break.

I would have gladly spent the money on the good ****. But when the good **** means a 12" rear from John Force's car because people don't think it can be done on a smaller gear it gets me wondering what laws of physics am I trying to break.
That's exactly why I'm wanting to try this standard-issue 9" that's already mine and paid for. I keep watching RJ for a 11" or 12" modular, but those don't come in sizes less than $6000.

Ya but when i said the good **** i meant the stuff like im running but add a 9 or 9.5 pro gear, not John Force type parts that i seriously dought you'd need with a power stroke... i understand your saying your going to be heavier than some but, a well built 9" unit with the correct parts would work and you could get in to these parts for tons less money. Call this guy, he owns Peyton automotive and is prob. one of the best rear end guys around, his name is Paul Peyton his number is 972-923-1698. I really didnt mean any thing negitive buy the PS remark, just had to say it being a cummins guy..... BS talk like us chevy guys talking about the fords in gas racing... good luck w/ your project, will you be at Baytown? Ryan

Ya but when i said the good **** i meant the stuff like im running but add a 9 or 9.5 pro gear, not John Force type parts that i seriously dought you'd need with a power stroke... i understand your saying your going to be heavier than some but, a well built 9" unit with the correct parts would work and you could get in to these parts for tons less money. Call this guy, he owns Peyton automotive and is prob. one of the best rear end guys around, his name is Paul Peyton his number is 972-923-1698. I really didnt mean any thing negitive buy the PS remark, just had to say it being a cummins guy..... BS talk like us chevy guys talking about the fords in gas racing... good luck w/ your project, will you be at Baytown? Ryan

I'm not the one stuck on the weight of the truck. Its the builders. The 12" MW thing was from them saying there is strength in going to a larger ring gear. And the funny thing is ANYONE you call, it doesn't matter if its a rear axle company or suspension place or driveline or whatever. If you say diesel. Expect the other person to look at you like you are attempting to build a bridge with toothpicks. We thats going to need to be 8 times as thick and blah blah blah. You will need to reinforce and gusset and tie in and double support.

I swear to you the conversation went like this.

Hello (guy at moser) my name is Doug. I would like to purchase one of your M9 fabricated 9" chromoly rear housings. I'm currently building an F-250 to run in ultimate street. Going off of your websites calculator it says I need 40 spline axles. because of 1400 ft lbs x 3.114 x 4.30. Can I take some measurements from the truck and call you with a flange to flange measurement?

Guy at Moser: How much do you think the truck will weigh?

Me: I have no idea. I don't know of anyone else that has taken this much crap out of the truck before.

Guy at Moser: Well are we talking 5,000lbs?

Me: I was hoping for closer to 4,000lbs

Guy at Moser: What engine?

Me: 6.0L Diesel.

Him: You are going to need a full float axle. The weight and the torque is more than what its was made for. And even if we made it, we don't have a hub for you to use.

Me: Well this guy is using it and this guy is using it and the stock axles are whatever spline and it doesn't break those.

Him: Call over to strange.

Ya i see what your saying i got some of the same story for Paul, hes raced Pro Comp or Super Comp for ever and built lots of setups even for diesel, a gusetted 9" housing with 35 or 40 spl. and the Big pinion support along with a Pro Gear will work. Ive got well over 100 passes now on mine now and im also over 4k#. I believe if i had got the Big Strange pinion support and Pro Gear to start with i would have never broke any thing axle related, just trying to help, since ive been down this road...... hell still in the middle if the road! Paul can hook you up with what you need for sure, and he'll have it all right there at his shop in Waxahachi Tx. Later
If you talk to him, tell him Ryan will be back for a Pro Gear next time i break.... I Promise. This Time. ha ha

?

So Paul will setup a center chunk and mail it to me?

I would say so, im close enough i just go see him, but you could certinly call and ask him if he would send it to Ohio. Ive heard him say UPS comes by his shop daily so id say its no prob. he gets 150 for his setups, after the first one, ive started seting them up myself to save the money on that part, not sure its worth it though, it takes me much more time to get them perfect, since i dont do them as often... and if you need a certain thickness shim or ect.. you'll be buying a install kit and the such and it all adds up quick! Hes got years of the crap laying around.....
Ryan

I appreciate the heads up. I will be running a 9" on the next build. I have a set of 16x16 beadlockers showing up on friday that already have 8 on 170mm centers to keep the 8-lug rear for the 10.5. And at a little under 1200 dollars for the pair compaired to the 1300+ EACH that weld wanted for some magnum drag 2.0 I think I might be ahead of the game. UPS says each wheel weighs about 13.5lbs.

Doug, do you think you could have shaved anymore weight by having a full tube frame? Or is that not allowed in the class you want to run?

Doug, do you think you could have shaved anymore weight by having a full tube frame? Or is that not allowed in the class you want to run?

NADM rulebook stated I needed the factory frame rails from the firewall forward. So thats all thats left. If I had tubed it. It would have shaved maybe another 50lbs or so off of it.

There is a complete 08 superduty cab front clip bedsides doors and tailgate out of fiberglass that weighs 146lbs. but it has no floor or firewall.

Rules say I have to have steel cab and stock floor. Or else I would have just started with the fiberglass cab. If this motor performs the way I want it to. I will build a tube chassis with that 08 cab on it.

Dang rules. LOL It sounds like it will be pretty sweet Doug. Are you running a spool in the 10.5? What r&p will you run? I want to upgrade the r&p in my f-350 as it is "worn" now LOL. I heard yukon was alright off road but not for the strip. Is this true?

I have a Detroit locker for the 10.5. The ford gears if they have the ratio you want are the strongest out of the bunch.

Back