NHRA Division 7 and Nitrous

paulb

At this years Division 7 bracket finals NHRA has decided that nitrous will not be allowed in the Sportsman or Pro classes. It is still allowed in SuperPro. Here is the rule change: http://www.nhradiv7.com/apcm/templates/divnews.asp?articleid=26291&zoneid=16 It is also in the Tech Facts for Division 7: http://www.nhradiv7.com/apcm/templates/divtech.asp?articleid=26292&zoneid=29

I raced at Sacramento this weekend, and noticed that they aren't allowing nitrous in these classes this year. Anyone know what prompted Division 7 to make the rule change? I have not run nitrous, but know a lot of diesels that do, and I am going to install it to run SuperPro at the Lucas Oil Divisional events.

Paul

With this topic in mind and being that I am a little newer to the diesel stuff could you answer a question for me?

1. What performance difference is there between Propane, nitrous, and water methanol? Is there something you can get from one that you can't get from the other? Sorry for sounding like a rookie but I am one! Oh and hi there Cumminsexpress! Fancy seeing you here.

HI Greg how are you doing perty much hange out here or moparts.com

cant help much on the power adds still drug free for the time beeing :doh:

Cummins Express said:
HI Greg how are you doing :doh:

You mean Jason? :bang LOL. Here there and don't forget your visits to Mopowerstyle. Not doing too bad. I figured it was time to start getting and education in Diesel life.

BJS racing said:
You mean Jason? :bang LOL. Here there and don't forget your visits to Moparstyle. Not doing too bad. I figured it was time to start getting and education in Diesel life.

I knew I recognized the name! :welcome:

Hey man! I saw you here. I just didn't get to the hello to you as well. How's the truck coming along?

BJS racing said:
With this topic in mind and being that I am a little newer to the diesel stuff could you answer a question for me?

1. What performance difference is there between Propane, nitrous, and water methanol? Is there something you can get from one that you can't get from the other? Sorry for sounding like a rookie but I am one! Oh and hi there Cumminsexpress! Fancy seeing you here.

Howdy! And don't worry, you knowing George and Jeff won't be held against you LOL LOL

Propane=Bad juju for all out performance, seems to be OK for a trickle type system for mileage.

Nitrous= Extra air to burn the fuel, diesels seem to love it when applied properly. Acts a good bit different than on a a gas motor.

Water/Meth= Good method to keep the EGTs in check, a little bit of meth seems to go a long way, mixtures over 50% methanol are to be discouraged.

There is of course a lot more to it, but those are the 2 lines or less basics.

BJS racing said:
You mean Jason? :bang LOL.
BJS racing said:
Just wanted to stop in and say howdy to everyone. Pretty much on the newer side of the diesel world. Trying to dig my hands it with a couple of the guys here and we'll see how it works. Hi Greg!

sorry about that the other post threw me on the name

That's a kinda weird rule change. I'll do some poking around and see if I can find anything. I'm still working my way through my 2008 rulebook, and I'm ticked off that they now require full face helmets for 9.99 or quicker full-body cars. I have an almost new open face helmet (which is much more comfortable on hot days)...

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Cummins Express said:
sorry about that the other post threw me on the name

Yeah Greg Houge told me to come check you guys out. But thanks for the info and sorry for the Hijack!

Back