Nhrda Desert Diesel Nationals updates

jlibert

I watched the live stream in time to see this pass. It sounds like a dust storm is headed that way.

55CBBF0B-31BA-4A78-9F4E-42D202C4D43C_zpsldukwxbv.png

B7025B47-F8AF-499C-9765-EA961145D773_zpsoaj2if5h.png

First dust storm went by quick. Second one lasted a bit longer. It got "cold" (for AZ) and the wind got bad, they finished our the last race. Burn out and sled pulls were cold and windy but didn't effect the racing. Bat mobile went down, I think they said the up pipe blew apart. Lots of nice passes from top to bottom. Good event and good venue, they'll be back next year, they locked up a 3 year deal.

Once I get home on Wi-Fi I'll try to upload some videos I took.

First dust storm went by quick. Second one lasted a bit longer. It got "cold" (for AZ) and the wind got bad, they finished our the last race. Burn out and sled pulls were cold and windy but didn't effect the racing. Bat mobile went down, I think they said the up pipe blew apart. Lots of nice passes from top to bottom. Good event and good venue, they'll be back next year, they locked up a 3 year deal.

Once I get home on Wi-Fi I'll try to upload some videos I took.

I'm pretty sure the up pipe was Wade Minter's SS truck. Blew the passenger side apart in qualifying, they yanked it, went to town, got it welded back up, made it back for elims, and then we all got one hell.of a show at the 1000 foot when the driver side went .....blew out one massive fireball..... Still took the win on a hole shot, coasting through the trap.

The batmobile made it through qualifying and 1 round of elims and I think they toasted a converter. This video was a qualifying pass....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE1oJTXFdWI/

Last edited:
Makes since. I was headed to my car for a sweater avoiding being ran over by trucks and listening to announcers.

Photo bucket and videos aren't working for me.

Wade.

IMAG0130_zpsdxsb1u6m.jpg

Curious, does the dust/dirt get stuck on the track during a real dust/sand storm?

Sticks to everything....especially a track with lots of VHT on it. Even the vacuum trucks have a hard time getting it up.

dust is a real deal here on the left coast, especially on a drag strip.

There's been a few times in the past my dad and a few other racers made NHRA stop the race and brush the track/wait for the wind to die down in Vegas and AZ.

Back