NHRDA kicks off The 2014 season at Famoso Raceway

Out of any gas cars on the track, i love me some pro mods. I think it might help our sport as long it is only promods. I like the idea, they'd be on our time, track prep would be awesome, and we get to see the most exciting gassers on the track. Randy and the nhrda may be able to save on costs also.

Last edited:
I agree with Rob. ProMods are a riot to watch...and if handled correctly it can keep the stands packed between rounds and alleviate some of the costs to the nhrda.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

nydunemu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is funny how I am sometimes the last one to know stuff

No one has contacted me but I like the idea it does good for cross promotion

We run with Top Eliminator up in Edmonton and it is a great show they usually have 24-30 competitors and you are right it ensures good track prep

I will call Famoso tomorrow and find out

Anyone have any idea how long this thing will go on?
I have a triple points MECA comp in Fresno that morning but I'm gonna head to Bakersfield as soon as it's done.

We should be starting the pull about the time you get there and hopefully be done around 8pm

If the pro-mods are scheduled on the same day we will never see a better track this year. I kinda hope it works out. We should be there running Super Street at least.

Looks like we will have 10-12 Pro Mods that all run hi 5s to low 6s at 250mph and yes you can bet we will have great track prep

We will have the final answer by the end of the week

Love the promods. Love the 10.5 outlaws too, those guys are nuts!! Hopefully the wind won't be blowing, last time we were in Bakersfield was several years ago for NADM's first race when it looked like it might be a good organization. Idaho Rob won the 12.0 class and should have won Sportsman but lost the final by inches in his old LLY street truck. Banks had their S-10 sidewinder there and Team Green came all the way from Georga. They ran the Prostreet at 1/8 mile and McRat freaked out. Wind blew so hard one night that the 6 foot tumbleweeds were going over the hotel 100' up at about 50mph. Track is out in the boonies a bit, but was a good track.

Sounds like the boys from WelderUp are going to make. They will be bringing some of there diesel Rat Rods, and maybe even a film crew.

Ive got about 2 weeks of work to do in a few days so Im hoping to make it for a few shake down passes at least!

It is confirmed the Northwest Pro Mod Association will be joining us at our season opener they should have 10 to 16 cars running with us in between us running our classes

We are looking forward to a great show

The west coast pro mod group is a cool bunch of guys. But, it'll be interesting to see how they interact with the diesel group. Racers have complained about soot on the track at previous pro mod events. That is why the jet cars always run last.

Well rooms booked 4 plus me will be attending . It's a little longer then the annual trip to redding , but seems like it'll be we'll worth it !!!

Well F! Haven't booked my room yet. Probably screwed now LOL. Good to see the show mixed. More people in the stand and vendor row makes vendors happy. Even if it's for t shirt sales. Glad it all came together. Makes for a better show anyhow.

Sounds like the boys from WelderUp are going to make. They will be bringing some of there diesel Rat Rods, and maybe even a film crew.

I was surprised when Steve mentioned that this past week, should be awesome to see! Good cross promotion too with his upcoming TV show!

It is confirmed the Northwest Pro Mod Association will be joining us at our season opener they should have 10 to 16 cars running with us in between us running our classes

We are looking forward to a great show
The Pro Mods should be a great show, and hopefully not as crash prone as some of the 10.5 and radial classes sometimes turn out!

I was surprised when Steve mentioned that this past week, should be awesome to see! Good cross promotion too with his upcoming TV show!

The Pro Mods should be a great show, and hopefully not as crash prone as some of the 10.5 and radial classes sometimes turn out!

Well them crashing will offset our oil downs that sometimes happen. LOL

WTF was i thinkin, i just noticed thats a 12hr drive. all of a sudden i have a midwest/eastcoast attitude and dont know if i can make that far of a drive :hehe:

Actually starting thursday its billings to denver and back on sunday. Tuesday its off to Coeur d'Alene till thursday and from there a pit stop in salem to drop off my truck and continue to Bakersfield for the race. Sunday back to salem

Ken, if you need a hand this year I'm moving back to the Salem area and will have lots of free time

Back