NHRDA Safety Rule

2007 5.9

West Coast Dyno Modifier
Anyone pull 2.6 with NHRDA and have been told that you must run a bellhousing AND trans blanket both meeting SFI 4.1?

Is this correct? Or do you just need the bellhousing blanket?

Thanks.

Randy and his crew have stepped up their tech significantly. Which is why I'm asking. Buddy went to ATS Diesel on the Mountain and was told that the next event he showed to without proper safety equipment, will not be allowed to pull in 2.6.

Anyone pull 2.6 with NHRDA and have been told that you must run a bellhousing AND trans blanket both meeting SFI 4.1?

Is this correct? Or do you just need the bellhousing blanket?

Thanks.

Are you asking for an auto or manual? I think in both cases the rules are intended to say you must have a safety shield meeting SFI specs. In applications where there isn't one available a blanket is acceptable. you must run a SFI cert flywheel/flex plate too.

Auto, and the rules state that SFI 4.1 is required for bellhousing AND trans..just trying to clarify weather it's just bellhousing or both

"All vehicles using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A blanket-type shield is permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and it must extend from the rear of the block to the front of transmission main body the bell housing area is to be completely covered six inch overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket-type shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufacturer’s instructions) 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch straps that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. All vehicles using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec 29.1 and be covered by a flex plate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1."

Are you refering to the flex plate shield? It clearly states in the rules you can use a blanket for a transmission shield. Not that you need both.

Ok I read that as the first sentence stating that all auto must have a trans blanket. And the rest to indicate a bellhousing blanket?

Am I simply reading too much into this?

Ok I read that as the first sentence stating that all auto must have a trans blanket. And the rest to indicate a bellhousing blanket?

Am I simply reading too much into this?

I think so....I've never seen an org require both. Even NTPA doesn't require it and they are probably the strictest safety org I know of for pulling.

Thanks for your time, glad it's just me being retarded!

Thats the event we attended and my buddys street truck that got 3rd wasnt hardly even teched. We look for it but I was kinda surprised he didnt and we have one

Back