Nice DD/ drag truck

dunndealin

I currently drive a 2001 sc/sb dodge 1500 4x4, It has 2006 Dodge 1 tons w/ 3.73 gears. It has the 5.2 gas motor for now, but i am looking at making a clean single cab short bed 12valve dd w/ some occasional passes at the strip.
I guess my question is:
Should i keep my truck, and swap in a 12v cummins/47rh/re? Or should i sell mine as a running complete 1ton truck?

and another ? is either tranny(47rh,47re) better than the other(cheaper build, stronger,)?
I have heard the rh is a little bit simpler tranny???
any input is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
47rh is simpler but its uses gear driven speed output sensor whereas the 47re and 48re uses a electronic speed sensor which would be more compatible with your truck that way you can still use your factory speedo.

oh yea i forgot, i dont wanna ditch the 4wd, because they have diesel drag races on the clay tracks around here

47rh is simpler but its uses gear driven speed output sensor whereas the 47re and 48re uses a electronic speed sensor which would be more compatible with your truck that way you can still use your factory speedo.
:thankyou2:

98+ gets the speedo from the rear diff. Also, in 4wd models in the older years, the speedo pickup was on the t-case. Only time it was on the tailshaft of a tranny was in the 94-97 2wd trannies.

47re requires a computer to shift
47rh does not

keep your truck,swap 12v-47rh with a 271case

Steve, sounds like u r volunteering to help haha... So are p-pump 12valves with 4x4 47rh that easy to find?

im down to help!

12v's are pretty easy to find.47rh's not as easy

i just sold a 4x4 rh today...you missed out

You will need something to control lock up and OD I have used toggle switches, pressure switches, and soon speed activated controller. A 47rh will shift 1,2,3, with no computer.Rich

Last edited:
Back