Nitrous and Water Injection

More Nos then water i guess.......

I have a snow stg 2 kit with 2 large pumps.

The nitrous system i've been running conists of 3 small solenoids. 3 stages of .080, .080, .080. (limited to solenoid size)

I am redoing my nitrous this winter. 3 stages still. But with one small solenoid for the first stage and two .157 NX Solenoids for the 2nd and 3rd stage. The 2nd & 3rd will also be on a progressive controller.

Last edited:
ive run both in two setups, no problems. there is an urban myth that you can freeze the water with nitrous but ive never heard of it actually happening.

Its actually already a gas when it gets to the nozzle. Think about a cloud at 36000' and -60* C.

Wow, thats alot of nitrous.. I hope you are running alot of boost with that.

WOW.... you might be ok,, thats not alot of boost for that much nitrous...

Well, I am pretty sure you will put the fire out,, but you might do like i did and window your block,,, and I was running about half that much nitrous, with that much boost

what size of water nozzels you useing.. 600.
i have 2 of the 600 in mine with one drilled out to be a lil bigger,
and run one big stage of nitrous.. .93
well what i am getting at, is. to run 3 stages where do i need to set the nozzels. run a small nozzel in front of the turbo. for getting off the line. like a .36 or so.. i am new to nitrous.. .. getting off the line kills me. and my times. it is real bad... 17.3 @ 98mph. there was one time i did get down to 15.1 and a 14.9 100 and 101mph. a south bend dd 3600 is a ***** to shift .. and a no boosted launch kills me too.. any trickes beside a stage of at the tree,

What kind of problems.....melting pistons???? i heard someone tell me that once before.

The water will do a LOT to prevent that. Honestly when you have this kind of power, its the raw forces involved as much as the temperatures that can hurt you.

What EGTs do you hit '113?

The water will do a LOT to prevent that. Honestly when you have this kind of power, its the raw forces involved as much as the temperatures that can hurt you.

What EGTs do you hit '113?

1800-1900 with nitrous. 1600 on fuel only.....does nitrous normally make egts's go up? or is it because the turbo is way out of its map????.....maybe my wastegates that I am putting on will fix that.

HOLY,, that is hot... I am thinking that is being caused by the nitrous pushing your turbo out of its map.... definately get some wastegates going on there,, they should be mandatory for nitrous use

1800-1900 with nitrous. 1600 on fuel only.....does nitrous normally make egts's go up? or is it because the turbo is way out of its map????.....maybe my wastegates that I am putting on will fix that.

I think you nailed it. Nitrous is adding a lot of 02, which often will help with EGT in a heavily fueled tune.

But in this case thats obviously not happening. It's acting almost like a gasser in this regard, where more 02 means more heat.

What sort of boost increase do you see with the nitrous?

Wastegates will help with reducing back pressure, which will probably have a very nice impact on EGT if your turbos are moving air well at a lower boost already.

Sounds like we need more water :rockwoot:

It is common for EGT to go up with nitrous as you are burning more of the fuel available instead of it only partially burning and acting as a heat sink. You can add a lot more fuel to cool it or more water.
The wastegate will not cool EGT, it will only allow you to keep from overspeeding the charger with nitrous.

Add more nitrous, EGTs will go back down. I'd feel allright running water with nitrous, seen a few hard running diesels do it. Both Jeff Prince and Mike Woods run N2O and H2O.

Back