Nitrous on a 6.0L

djdieseltech

Everybody asks how to do a wet system. It is very simple. We are now selling a full blown wet system that includes everything you need to install it.

It's the NX kit. NX is now a sponsor of Mini Me and we've come up with a kit that includes everything, including step-by-step instructions for carefree installation.

DJ :spam2:

P.S. I have taken the liberty of posting this information here, although we should be listed as Competition Diesel sponsors by early next week.

If you got the guts...a BUNCH

A intake/exhaust/SCT truck near Miami did 597 to the wheels on a HUGE wet shot.
CC 4X4 Dually...it went 13.05 and 13.06 at Moroso.

I'm about to drop to 190 injectors for better drivability...and swap my big dry shot to a big wet shot.

hey unbroken, what would be a safe nos hp shot to run?

If you have the fuel to burn via tuning...you can run probably a .900000whatever jet.
Nothing over 1.0

Slowford went 12.90's with SCt and a .98 jet I think in a 4wd.

i was thinking about a small shot for fun I already have all the basic mods intake,exhaust,intercooler,and tuner.

:evil We got drunk the other night and put a ZEX kit on my buddy's Civic. We were going to just do a 50HP shot, dry through the intake... But SOMEBODY forgot to put a JET in the line. LOL We had about a 800HP Honda for, ohhhh, 3 seconds! As soon as he floored it in 2nd gear, it shot up to about 14000 RPM and blew ALL 4 RODS through the front of the block! :aiwebs_029: LOL LOL :doh: OOOOPsss! It was COOL! Hahahah!

WOW LOL

I've tried to blow the 6.0L up but it holds really well. Of course, I put the jets in :D

DJ :evil

4S FED said:
:evil We got drunk the other night and put a ZEX kit on my buddy's Civic. We were going to just do a 50HP shot, dry through the intake... But SOMEBODY forgot to put a JET in the line. LOL We had about a 800HP Honda for, ohhhh, 3 seconds! As soon as he floored it in 2nd gear, it shot up to about 14000 RPM and blew ALL 4 RODS through the front of the block! :aiwebs_029: LOL LOL :doh: OOOOPsss! It was COOL! Hahahah!

I wish I was around to see that :evil

nummit said:
I wish I was around to see that :evil

It was PRICELESS! LOL All we heard WAAAAAAAAA- POOF- BOOM!

It was fun picking shrapnel and rods out of the radiator. :1tooth:

Look at it from a few different ways.
A dry shot is plenty safe...but with stock injectors...very limited on the power you can throw down.
A conservative wet shot will make big power...and still be plenty safe.

If you pop for studs...the sky's the limit.
600+ HP easy as pie....if you got the guts to pull the trigger. LOL

600+ with a dry shot will take some injectors....the buy in cost varies...but 1500 is the minimum right now...and you need studs...for another 500+ bucks.

Cut it down to the 500 dollar studs...and you get to 600+ for 1500 dollars cheaper....if you use the wet shot.

For big power...I'm coming to the realization that wet shots are not only safe..but more cost effective too.

Can you say "best of both worlds" ?

So what happens if ya have studs and ya spring for big injectors..... THEN dump a big wet shot in it? :woohoo:

Bone

but what kind of power are we talking? and what is the precentage I will grenade something real, real important? :lolly:

Totally dependent on how you set up the jet sizes.
I don't have a database for diferent power levels...but the guy that started this thread might.

Like I said earlier in this thread...a "stock" truck put 597 to the wheels...no studs or injectors.

The skys' the limit....or the PMRs will be...who knows.
You ain't going fast enough if you ain't broke something yet. :evil:

Horsepower ... What is Horsepower with a nitous system?

On our 6.0L's a dry system is considered a "baby system". You want real hp, you go wet. About breaking something. I am still tyring to break something in my motor. I keep breaking turbos @ 60 lbs. of boost. My jets, you can literally crap through and that is a "wet system".

BTW, I started this thread.

DJ :evil

This man's nitrous feed line is bigger than my exhaust pipe...LOL
He knows wet systems.

Back