Nitrous question

2141pete

Hell I dont know
Just a quick question here. How cheap could a guy put together a nitrous system for. This is for an average person with no hookups at a peformance shop or anything. Average ebay prices for parts, kits, partial kit, anything. Also what all would be needed to build a descent setup. I know I would need a bottle, lines, solenoids, and arming switch, power source, and jets. But what else? What is the most common way to bring it on? I dont have the $$$ for a progressive controller. This would be a small single stage setup.

I bought mine off of ebay for 400.00. It was an EFI kit. I capped off the fuel side, and bought an extra solenoid for a purge. All in, probably 450.00. Activates off of a WOT switch.

I bought mine off of ebay for 400.00. It was an EFI kit. I capped off the fuel side, and bought an extra solenoid for a purge. All in, probably 450.00. Activates off of a WOT switch.

Sou you can bring them in on a WOT switch, good news. Can they also be run off a boost switch, I would think but just checking.

ive got mine on a hobbs switch cause when i play my foot goes to the floor instead of rolling into it. that way it comes on at a set psi.

What do you really need? An activation switch, a pressure or pedal position switch, a solenoid, a nozzle, a bottle and line. Right? What am I missing?

Pete, I use all three switches mentioned; activation switch, Hobbs and WOT micro switch.

A descent nitrous setup can be made by piecing the parts together. But almost always it is higher than good kit…… For our trucks we need big parts to make big HP. I would recommend a minimum of two .125 solenoids, -6 line from the bottle, big nozzles that can flow at least what the .125 solenoids can, good bottle heater, Hobbs switches, and a WOT switch.

From what I have seen by the time you purchase this you will have been better off buying a good kit, the NX SX2d kit is the best bang for the buck and it includes the best progressive controller out there IMHO.

Doug

A descent nitrous setup can be made by piecing the parts together. But almost always it is higher than good kit…… For our trucks we need big parts to make big HP. I would recommend a minimum of two .125 solenoids, -6 line from the bottle, big nozzles that can flow at least what the .125 solenoids can, good bottle heater, Hobbs switches, and a WOT switch.

From what I have seen by the time you purchase this you will have been better off buying a good kit, the NX SX2d kit is the best bang for the buck and it includes the best progressive controller out there IMHO.

Doug

Thanks Doug, I will look into that setup. I'm gonna get with Mike too, he had a link to a good system for a steal.

In the long run a complete kit is usually a better value. I like the ability to use less nitrous and make more power with a boost progressive system.
The real advantage is not in large quantities of nitrous, but the ability to spool up and leave the leave with out the need to torque brake as high. This translates in to fewer broken parts.

I even take it farther , ramp up on boost starting at 2 to 3 lbs of boost and at 75% of max boost start to ramp it back down to 0% at 90% of max boost.

This gets you up launched and out of the hole with zero turbo lage , and uses a lot less nitrous , and I mean a lot less, a .125 jet uses .half a pound per second .

I have SXII duel stages ready to ship, and the one thing you get when you buy from me, or one of my dealers is, me on the phone at 3 AM if you’re really trying to get to a race or dyno event. The kit is 878.74. this is with 2 .125 nozzles , a 15 lbs bottle , and all the lines and wiring , along with a progressive controller here is it my Cell number is 817 296 4949 , NX forwards a lot of calls to me now , so if you need help , give me a shout . I have about 12 dealers on here as well, I give their customers the same courtesy

Here is what I run, take it for what its worth. I bought a small kit from a fellow on another forum. I then bought another bottle off of ebay for cheap. I run a 50hp shot on 4an lines off a WOT switch, then I have a momentary button on a grip that runs the other bottle that goes to a .125 solenoid that goes into the intake horn (that is also with a 4an line) and that is it. I personally dont like the pressure switches as they allways seem to fail (twice allready) I also dont run any nozzles, just the solenoids straight in. Seems to work pretty good, I hit 1013 hp the nitrous gave me exactly 225 hp gain

Kevin

Greg knows his stuff, IMHO he is the most knowledgable man when it comes to nitrous out there

Kevin

Haven't you heard, Pete. If you run nitrous you'll have to install a roll bar, if you run nitrous with a progressive controller you'll need no less than a full cage!:hehe:

Haven't you heard, Pete. If you run nitrous you'll have to install a roll bar, if you run nitrous with a progressive controller you'll need no less than a full cage!:hehe:

LOL I guess the kids would have something to climb on it the truck. Before long it wont even be cool anymore for them to say my daddy has a jungle gym in his truck b/c everyone will have them. I guess the spray will just be for dyno b/c I'm NOT putting a cage in a 12 second truck that my family rides in.

That sx2 is what I plan on getting pretty soon. For now im running a kit i took off my mustang. 15lb bottle, -6 line, pro shot noid, -4 nozzle line and a drilled out nos nozzle on a wot switch. It works but the single large shot is def. a large hit, im always afraid itll blow thru the tranny and pop since theres no ramp just all or nothing. My last pop blew apart my spearco:doh:

Make sure your bottle pressure is up, a heater isn't a bad idea. I tried my system (the budget one in Diesel Power) with 600psi bottle pressure and I couldn't even tell it was on. The nozzle I have for the intake is also too small, cold fusion nitrous makes one that has .125 holes on each side. Diesels need a lot of spray, unless your truck is way overfueled, you'll barley feel a small shot.

Back