nitrous

turbojoe

Cummin get you some
hey all you 12v guys with nitrous, when is the best time to inject nitrous, boost wise?, i have bigger injectors and a 100 plate and 60mm turbo wheel. oh by the way the line is put in after the turbo, pre intercooler. it a zex diesel system.
thanks
joe

There are a lot more upgrades out there to consider before considering running nitrous if I were you. You will not see the absolute benefits of nos until you have more fuel then you need.

im just throwing it out there, and seeing what people say,
and i actually ran it for the first time tonight and its not noticable on the highway just the speedo goes up faster, no thrust or nothing, but the smoke clears to a min. haze. But i sprayed right after take off and rolling the tires just break loose for a sec. or two. anyway it was my bros bottle so we had to use it up.

turbojoe said:
hey all you 12v guys with nitrous, when is the best time to inject nitrous, boost wise?, i have bigger injectors and a 100 plate and 60mm turbo wheel. oh by the way the line is put in after the turbo, pre intercooler. it a zex diesel system.
thanks
joe
I start injecting at 25psi, but it all depends on how big of a shot your using. If you turbo is a non wastegated 16cm housing, I would stay away from the nitrous.

I would put it on a hobbs switch. I'd also set the switch to about 20-25lb. Do you have any aneroid alterations? There are probably a few other trick that you can do to your truck with out spending a dime to help it out a little bit more...

Back