No cruise

madmikeismad

So mad
I know there's a bad vacuum line because I don't have vent controls, and because I remember melting it LOL

But I had cruise right up until the day i removed this TPS. I don't remember losing cruise last time I ran without a TPS, so what else could cause it? Is that whole little module thing bad? The light still comes on on the dash, but cruise just doesn't work.

Mike, I removed my TPS when I converted my '95 from auto to manual figuring I didn't need it anymore and the cruise would not work until I put it back on. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it has to be there for the cruise.

Mike, I removed my TPS when I converted my '95 from auto to manual figuring I didn't need it anymore and the cruise would not work until I put it back on. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it has to be there for the cruise.

Well damn, I hope you're wrong lol. I have an extra, but I was hoping to just sell it and be done with another piece of electronics.

I have my truck rigged up with a potentiometer so I'm not using the TPS and cruise still works. Whenever my cruise quits working its because the line breaks from the battery acid leaking on it.

You were right scott, it was TPS. I found an old broke one, and plugged it in. Got it tucked up by the battery and out of the way now.

Good deal. It doesn't have to be a good one or functional, just has to be plugged up.

Back