no dash lights and no start

Spareparts

i have a buddy with a 2000 7.3 6 speed truck. He pulled into work shut the truck off and when he came out to leave the truck would crank but will not start. There are no dash lights none of the gagues work {fuel level, oil psi volts} I head over today to check the thing out and find that i dont get key on power to the pcm relay or idm relay but do have 12v constant. I think i have it narrowed down to a broken wire now but dont really know where to begin has anybody ran into this before is there a fuseable link or anything or does anybody know if they share a common key on source?

There is a fuse, can't remember which, that will cause this. It usually is blown by a wire in the shifter column on autos. I've had this happen twice. If I remember in the morning I'll see what fuse it is.

DenTex, he said it is a Manual trans. So your thinking is off a bit.
Welcome to CompD!

Last edited:
I guess I didn't phrase it right, the fuse is commonly blown by the wires in the column of an auto shorting out. I saw it was a manual, I was more posting the part about an auto in case someone later down the road came upon this thread that had an auto. You can still have issues with that fuse even if it isn't an auto. I didn't get a chance to check out the fuse number for you to look at.

Back