no dpf = big fine

themighty6.7

does anyone know how much of a fine it is to run with no CAT and DPF.

P.S. diesel truck resource is homsexsual, because you can talk about removing the CAT or DPF

thanks,

Dayton

P.S. diesel truck resource is homsexsual, because you can talk about removing the CAT or DPF

LOL:clap:

the Dirty Tropical Rainforest is quite a waste....its amazing how advertising dollars can make products look so flawless.

Pretty sure $10k.

Never heard of anyone getting caught though. Ditch the Nazi Kindergarten and hang with us!

Yeah, it does make more sense, but it is "tampering" with required equipment.

Technically cats and mufflers fall under the same rule, but it's not enforced at all...

It depends on what your emission laws are in each of your states. I have even heard if you get pulled over by the DOT's or someone like that they can get your truck towed to you delaership..... Now thats just rumors that I have heard. If you have no emission laws in your state then you are fine in any state as long as your truck is registered in your state with no law.

07 5.9's don't have it, as well as every other 5.9.

how many DOT officers are gonna pull you over for your exhaust being too loud and know the difference between a 5.9 and 6.7, or that the 6.7 is the emissions motor. yes there are plenty of smart officers, not saying they are dumb by any means...but how many are really up to date, familiar with or really give a hoot about a pick up truck with no DPF? they are after the big trucks.

so unless you are having regular DOT inspections on a work truck, or your state has emissions testing and you take it in there sans DPF...you should be ok.

i only personally know two guys with 6.7's with straight pipe.

my one buddy has 5" turbo back into 7" mule ear stacks.
he has never been messed with around here but his work offered him 3x his current salary to work in california for 6 months. i talked to him last week, he got a ticket for "tampering with emission equipment".

fine is unknown as of yet.

It depends on what your emission laws are in each of your states. I have even heard if you get pulled over by the DOT's or someone like that they can get your truck towed to you delaership..... Now thats just rumors that I have heard. If you have no emission laws in your state then you are fine in any state as long as your truck is registered in your state with no law.
DPF is federally mandated.

how many DOT officers are gonna pull you over for your exhaust being too loud and know the difference between a 5.9 and 6.7, or that the 6.7 is the emissions motor. yes there are plenty of smart officers, not saying they are dumb by any means...but how many are really up to date, familiar with or really give a hoot about a pick up truck with no DPF? they are after the big trucks.

so unless you are having regular DOT inspections on a work truck, or your state has emissions testing and you take it in there sans DPF...you should be ok.
I'm with TJ on this. There's no active enforcement.

And glad yall like the avatar:D

any enfocement would be because you might not be doing smart stuff?! All vehicles have an emissions label under the hood, the cop or whom ever doesnt have to know about the differences between the 6.7l and the 5.9l because it says it all on the label. This includes the pre-07.5 trucks as well! i have stacks on straight pipe and i am breaking the law i ahve modded my emissions! I'm a bad person!

Remember,DOT officers are a special commercial enforcement unit.This is all they do,and they are well trained.They know which is the emissions motor,and which isnt right away,around here they know before your pulled over,because when there plate scanner runs your plate,it gives the DOT officer the VIN number and build date.One of the parameters is the build date for just that reason.Before your fully stopped they know.If the truck was built 1/01/07 or after,they know to look for a DPF,if that is there intention in the vehicle stop.They do not care if you have a 5.9 or 6.7,they care that the DPF is there if it was built after 12/31/06.They may have no interest in your exhaust,they may,either way, dont assume a trained DOT officer is that stupid,and rip your DPF off thinking they wont know.It may be an expensive mistake.
I personally would never take it off a truck that is used for work and at/or over 10000GVWR or GCWR.To musk risk in NY state.

In maryland they know, for sure! State police and DOT enforce federal req. for emissions. I got 4k in fines for my second offense in my corvette for removing the cats. They checked with a mirror on a handle right on the side of the road.

Why not remove it and gut it? Or replace it with a piece that looks like the factory one. They won't have any idea...

Back