No Iam not crazy.....noises from guages??

mainecumminspwr

Ok just installed Isspro EV2 guages.Lift pump pressure,rail pressure and transmission temp.All electric.I keep hearing this faint static like noise at idle.I thought maybe the radio was turned way down but not off.Upon further inspection radio was off and noises coming from guages! Anyone else ever "hear" of this?(pun intended)

i thought my dipricol did it 1 time for sure.it was either the r/p gauge or tranny gauge .

My Autometer electric FP gauge sometimes makes noise while I'm waiting for the grid heater to finish cycling. It also makes the same noise at WOT. I dunno???

My Isspro rp gauge does the same thing. I have been a little curious about it also. But sounds like it is normal.

It is normal for the electric stepper motors to make a little noise while they are one. Mine do that, too. I just turn up the radio to drown it out.

Yup, it is normal with stepper motors to hear the mechanism. There are some software tricks to making them quieter, but either slow the gauge response down or result in losing pointer position over time. I made the decision that we would rather have accurate and responsive gauges than the most quiet ones out there. Does anyone see the noise level as being objectionable?

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

Back