No start, no idea where to start

redneckroot

It must not have spark
The truck: project truck that I've been working on, 1990 w250 727 auto, finally ready to get it started.
The problem: Turn key nothing happens, i have lights but nothing related to starting, there is no power at the neutral safety switch, and I am not sure what is suppose to have power with key off or on at the key switch. the column has been rewired from a 90 column to a 93 using the 90 wiring diagrams and the 93 diagrams when hooking up the wires, so there shouldn't be any problems there. Anyone that has any idea even where to start on figuring this out would be a big help, it is suppose to be running and drivable by June 30th, and hopefully pulling on July 10th so I am running out of time. I'm pretty good mechanical, really lost when it comes to electrical.

Looking at the wiring diagrams, from what I can tell the dark blue wire is suppose to have power coming into the switch? I am not sure. Anyone that can help me it would be great. I still do not see any ignition fuses even looking through the manuals i have found nothing.

I got it running finally. It ended up being the red power wire to the switch. I found it after spending way to much time tracing the wire through the harness to find that the previous owner and performed a crimp on wire cob job that had come undone. Thanks for the reply's. Oh and the hood stack isn't staying, I haven't welded up my down pipe yet.

Funny vid. I suck at wiring or else I would have helped. One time I sold a Volvo that needed a bunch of wiring work rather than try to fix it.

Back