No tach signal incorrect tone ring?

so you grounded the second wire that comes from the tach signal?? Get your meter and switch it to AC voltage and back probe the sensor to see if you are getting the correct signal.

the way i'm reading it, I think your wiring might be a little goofed up if you grounded the other wire coming from the crank sensor.

Only 2 wires I grounded were the ones that were grounded originally. There's 2 connectors on that harness the other one went to cp3. I know I have the right one I labeled everything before I took it off.

I'm showing 3 wires for the crank sensor:

Violet/Wht - 5V supply
Brown/Yellow - Ground
Wht/Tan - Signal

and 3 wires for the cam sensor:

Dk Green/Org - 5V supply
Lt Blue/Wht - Signal
Dk Blue/Red - "Hall Effect"

I'm not seeing an oil pressure "sensor" at all, just an oil pressure "switch", single wire.

Ok I definitely have the right sensor and plug. Do I need the cam sensor also? I don't even know where it's at on a common rail.

So does anyone know the correct gap for the sensor. After my reading if they are to close they won't read. It's the only thing I think it could be.

.020 or less using the Ford sensor form Scott, Factory Dodge in your case no clue, Take apart old motor and use a depth gauge.

Sorry this is a little off topic, but I have a question for silver bullet. How did you mount the factory tone wheel on the front of the balancer? I'm working on a similar project and I was going to call destroked and get one because I couldn't come up with an idea on how to mount the factory dished one on the front.

Thanks

Longer bolts and spacers worked fine no clearance problems, but I have a flex alite kit so I do not know about clearing a factory fan.

ok thanks alot. Im going to run electric fans also. I'll pull two bolts out and go on the hunt for longer ones. Thanks

Back