Not adding power

blue2002

I installed a vp44 from therobred. It's the 245 hp one. It doesn't respond hard or smoke any were near my old pump. Even though it finally went bad.

I just put on the smarty it smoke a bit. I stack it with my tst comp and smarty on 8. It's like I have nothing hooked up. My light is kicking on my tst showing its on. But truck feels it's not responding to the smarty or chips.

I'm running 15 psi and nothing lower

sounds like your issue is that you don't own a common rail bro

That's incouraging. Lol

So, did you talk to them about the issue?
Wonder if you have a gasket messed up on the intake horn. I'm assuming the 15 psi you referenced is fuel pressure?

Last edited:
I know absolutely nothing about the VP trucks.

But reading in the past, heard mention of the tuner boxes wire tapping into the pump directly.

Is there any chance something like that wasn't reconnected in the pump after the change?

I know absolutely nothing about the VP trucks.

But reading in the past, heard mention of the tuner boxes wire tapping into the pump directly.

Is there any chance something like that wasn't reconnected in the pump after the change?

Only VP44 tuner I knew that tapped the pump wire was EDGE, however not 100% positive on that.

I agree with Snedge, did you try calling thoroughbred yet? Also are you just going by butt dyno or do you have gauges installed and such?

Only VP44 tuner I knew that tapped the pump wire was EDGE, however not 100% positive on that.

I agree with Snedge, did you try calling thoroughbred yet? Also are you just going by butt dyno or do you have gauges installed and such?
Anything that makes more than 65hp is wiretapped. Tst definitely is a wiretap.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anything that makes more than 65hp is wiretapped. Tst definitely is a wiretap.

Ahh interesting! Thanks for the info :rockwoot: I wasn't sure but nice to know now

Ahh interesting! Thanks for the info :rockwoot: I wasn't sure but nice to know now
Vp ecm's are dumb as posts so they need to be bypassed to make any power.

Back