Not getting full fuel, need sugestions.

bsmith

Never enough
The max boost I can get is 25-30psi. No smoke what so ever when I get into it, no smoke @ wot.

I use to not be able to clean up at wot.

I've pulled the afc, put air to it. Its fine. I've double checked and tightened everything I can think of.

It will rev to whatever, just doesn't fuel hard at all.

I need some ideas on what to check.

Thanks!

I haven't changed anything drasticly. My truck was running great then I realized my wastegate plate was leaking so I got another cover. Sometime while waiting for the cover to come is when I noticed the lack of fuel.

My last dyno runs have been off a bit and I started having trouble with my fuel shut off solenoid the next time I drove it. It shuts off fine but does not always pull up so it will start. If i pull it up by hand and start it, then go back and check it, it seems to be tight. I wonder if a truck can be only slightly down on power because of a shutoff solenoid?

I don't have a fuel shut off solenoid.

My ofv doesn't work, I have a regulator. Fuel psi is 40 @ idle and goes up with boost.

I keep thinking that the afc isn't getting boost or something, but I checked the fittings, hose etc.

Thanks for the replies.

my last dyno runs were soft and just hit a wall at about 3300rpm. when i got home i realized my shutoff cable was bottoming out on the dash board before pushing the shutoff wide open. with full travel it feels alot better.

my last dyno runs were soft and just hit a wall at about 3300rpm. when i got home i realized my shutoff cable was bottoming out on the dash board before pushing the shutoff wide open. with full travel it feels alot better.
My truck is good till 2300 or so. I will check my shutdown cable.

I don't have a fuel shut off solenoid.

My ofv doesn't work, I have a regulator. Fuel psi is 40 @ idle and goes up with boost.

I keep thinking that the afc isn't getting boost or something, but I checked the fittings, hose etc.

Thanks for the replies.

Gut your AFC, it'll tell you if thats the reason for the lack of fuel or not.

Fuel shut off lever is as forward as it will go.
I thought it was full forward. I tightened my fuel line which made my needle valve for fp gauge press down on my fuel shut down lever.

So I fixed it and got it up to 50psi total with 30 coming from the s475. I need to adjus my wastegate and and do a boost leak check.

Thanks for the help.

you just pull the bolt out of the front of the afc, pull that rod out and take the actual arm out. then put the rod back in so it cant leak any oil out.

Back