NV4500 4x4 Racers

Timebomb

Bootney Lee Fonsworth
Just wondering what times and mph you have gotten with what setups. Gears, in 4 wheel or 2 ? Slicks ? and so on.

Thanks, Coop

Still want an auto Coop?? I still want a stick!!

i've never been over 100 in my truck, 5 speeds with big clutches suck for racing, haha

i raced mine just for fun, with stock turbo and injectors runnin 36's and 3.55 gears my best was a 15.3 cant wait to get an auto

13.x @ 98

1997 XCLB, 4.10s, 4x4.

370s, 21 degrees, 913 pump, No plate, 4k GSK, Ported Hx35/Ht3B-26, 5" Exhaust, 13" Valair Kevlar/Ceramic.

I remember it was a high 13, can't find the slip. Sold the truck soon after.

With stock injectors, turbo, clutch, etc. (only a 0 plate, 5 inch exhaust, and bhaf), i ran a 15.5 at 88 mph.

I doubt I'll ever make it to the drag strip, too embarrassing .... There is a race in Arizona that I would like to give a shot though.. 90 miles of open road. trying to keep a 95 mph average.... sounds like a blast...

I think you're thinking of Nevada Jeff...There is one in Texas too...I'll run in those if I ever move back to the west coast, parrt of why I want a stick. :D

i havent done any 1/4 mile stuff, its all too far away. but i do have one of my freinds time the 0-60. ive got it down to 6.4 seconds. thats about all i can test in this little town

I friend of mine used to have a 99 with 150 injectors and some sort of tune from a guy in Indiana, intake, and exhaust and ran a 14.4 @ 92mph. Launch 4x4 in 2nd gear.

I think you're thinking of Nevada Jeff...There is one in Texas too...I'll run in those if I ever move back to the west coast, parrt of why I want a stick. :D

yea your right... I kept screwing that one up yesterday :bang

This is my best so far was run ir nhrda nationals in Boise.
I am am going to do the 47r_ mod for sure.

Attachments

• drag race 010.JPG
    drag race 010.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 59
Ran the 1/8th in 7.9 @ 90. 3.54 gears, 4x4, pro comp at 285/75r16

What clutch are you running?

I have no use for an auto but im really aggrivated on how slow this thing shifts with a SBC DD. Is there any machine work, or clutch work that can be performed to get this thing to bang gears like a ZF6? And replacing the clutch is out of the question unless i grenade this one soon.

I was using a Haisley street drag clutch.
Shifting has a lot to do with the transmission. Use a thin oil if you don't tow and shift it hard every time you drive, it will wear out and shift faster over time.

I ran 15.8

stock clutch 0 plate 4k springs dynoed just over 306 hp on stock timing in my 97 2500 ext cab long box

Back