Nv4500 amsoil vs castrol synctorq

Sabbath5.9

Neato niceo airplane glue
Is there any real world differences between the two? Ive searched all day and there's guys running both. What is the real world difference

I use it. Works great!! Also the lucas gl-4 75-90 from o'rielly auto parts works well. they're the same price at 15 bucks a quart.

The Amsoil is specifically formulated for the NV4500 just like the Syntorq. I don't know of any other lube specifically designed for the NV4500. I ran the Amsoil for @ 250K miles with no issues. My $.02 they're both specific for the application and the Amsoil's cheaper.

That said, you'll have lots of people here tell you to run all kinds of things so it's your call.

amsoil. A buddy ran the lucas full synthetic for 2 months before I had to pull the transmission due to a sweet crack. regular 75-90 I've seen eat syncros in about two weeks of DD

I don't like the way my trans shifts with amsoil in it. I've tried the correct royal purple, castrol, and now amsoil. The royal purple wasn't bad, but I liked Castrol the best. $.02

I liked the amsoil when I ran it. However I liked royal purple the best but I know its a bit pricier.

Penzoil has a GL-4 synthetic 75w-90 equivalent. I used it for 2 years

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

But where are you guys getting the mopar fluid from? I went to dodge and they said " we can't order it" which sounds like horse **** to me. But don't know

Last time i **** a gear on my NV, i had to get 4 quarts from the local GM dealer.

I recently switched to amsoil from a decent off brand from the local tranny shop and noticed a significant improvement on cold shifts and overall I am very pleased.

Been running Amsoil for the last several years....but I'm kinda partial! ;) LOL

Back then I DD, towed, and sled pulled... We pulled my trans apart last fall to do a refresh because I went from full time puller back to street truck and my mechanic friend said it looked great!

NV4500's need a GL-4 Oil for the Synchro's to survive the Amsoil Manual Trans 75W90 is GL-4 and designed to work in the NV4500 transmission.
AMSOIL Manual Transmission & Transaxle Gear Lube 75W-90

Last edited:
Back