NV4500 input shafts

Peter I bought on of your input shaft back around six or seven years ago. At the time I don't remember anything else offered. I have been using that shaft for racing, burnouts, pulling and everyday heavy towing and driving. I have had no problems yet. Which one is that? When I bought my pulling truck I got the Haisley one and it is in a second Trans so if I tore up a Trans I just swapped them out and go. I have ran both shafts with my Powerparts eng weighted triple clutch and both have held up great. Third gear and countershaft, not so much. Lol

Main question being what did I get from you back then?

Cause it appears to handle as much abuse as the other brand one I have.

How does it compare to the input shaft quality in a 5600 as they don't need billet ones.

Not trying to start anything I just know what has worked for me through lack of knowledge. This thread just gotme wondering with all this new info haha.

To be perfectly honest, I have probably sold 5,000+ 1 3/8" shafts over the years and have any broke? Yes. Probably 12-15 Most of which were admittedly 3rd gear 4WD on the pavement and drop the hammer. At that point I would think you would want the shaft to break vs the transmission. All input shafts are billet but there are different grades of metal. The harder the metal the more brittle they will become. There needs to be some flexibility. What is the exact metal we use on our shafts? I don't know and never asked. I count on the gear and spline companies to make it what it needs to be, they are the professionals. It's kinda like my wife says...it's all about size...bigger is better. Heck I told my wife if she lost 10 lbs she would get another inch. Yeah I know that was stupid. :nail::nail:

Peter

That will get you in the dog house. Lol

Like I said I have both, they both have worked with different clutches, trucks and required duties without issues while even surviving Trans and axle breakages. I don't personally have a Valair in a truck but have put them in buddies trucks and they have all been fine too. That's my info for this thread is so far they all have held up equally.

Tim

Back