Nv4500 parts source and rebuild tips

horsinaround9

Hello everyone. The nv4500 in my wife's truck needs some love. Who is a good source for parts ? Big input shaft, gears and rebuild kit. I read a lot of people use Allstate gear. Honestly with their prices so low I question the quality of the parts.

Any tips when I go to rebuild it ? It's out and I am starting to tear it down now. Fifth gear was hanging up. Found one of the spring loaded dogs popped out of the fifth gear synchro assembly and has broken up. Fifth gear has several broken teeth. I just got the top and rear covers off as of now so I am not sure the cause of the dog coming out yet. I also found the reverse **** fork tweaked and what looks to be a broken shift rail detent spring for first/second gear. The detent ball is stuck down inside the shift cover.

Any info is appreciated. Thank you everyone.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

A friend of mine rebuilds 2-3 a week and he orders all the parts from ebay, he said he has ordered from everywhere and he believes it is all the same just rebranded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife drove my old 12v truck once with a nv4500, she said never again after. She's not real heavy duty though, ha.

Thank you for the info guys !!! It seems most all the stuff out there is transtar parts. I got it all ordered. As long as it all come in it will be this weekend's project.

Back