NV4500 Profab Kit Durability

cfunk

I am looking at sending a trans out for the Profab 3 speed kit but I am wondering if anybody on here has any experience with it or feedback on how well it is holding up in the 2.6 class.

I havent seen any problems nor do i own one. Just think its alot of money to spend and dont like the fact you get direct and two slower gears.

I havent seen any problems nor do i own one. Just think its alot of money to spend and dont like the fact you get direct and two slower gears.

I didn't think the price was all that bad knowing it includes the 1 3/8" input upgrade if it actually holds up. If it has strength issues that is another story...

Another thing to consider if you dont use a winch is you dont have a slow gear so you may need to get a little run to load it on the trailer. I guess that may not be a big deal now that i think about it. I usaully back mine onto the trailer.

Last edited:
Another thing to consider if you dont use a winch is you dont have a slow gear so you may need to get a little run to load it on the trailer. I guess that may not be a big deal now that i think about it. I usaully back mine onto the trailer.

Yeah, that is a good point loading could get interesting.

wouldn't really be much different that loading a 3.0 or super stock truck by driving it. Most have just one gear. Altho could be the reason most have a winch to load with.

It is 1:1, 1.04:1 and 1.08:1

When I emailed them a while back these were the ratios they quoted also.

I was told 1:1. 1.55:1 and 1.83:1

These ratios make for some pretty slow crawl ratios.

4.88 gears, 2.72 low, 1.83:1 trans gear = 24.29
4.88 gears, 2.72 low, 1:1 trans gear = 13.27 (5.13 gear 13.95)
4.88 gears, 2.72 low, 1.04:1 trans gear 13.8
4.88 gears, 2.72 low, 1.08:1 trans gear 14.33

To answer the original question, I don't think profab is going to put a poor product. Plus the nv4500 holds up pretty good when you put a good gear behind it.

Back