Nv4500 rebuild advice

Mocummins

Looking for a good rebuild kit for my nv4500. What kits have you guys had the best luck out of? Also are there any improvements or parts of the rebuild I should pay extra attion to?

Get the 5th gear nut issue fixed when you rebuild it. Also if you want to add some more ponies the upgraded input shaft may not be a bad idea for an upgraded clutch/flywheel

Last edited:
Ya planed on doing them while its out, there's just a ton of rebuild kits out there and don't want to get a junk or cheap kit.

There is also an updated main shaft that is splined all the way thru 5th gear unlike the stock one

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

Standard is the way to go, OEM Mopar transmissions are rebuilt by Standard for a reason.

I went thru Standard out of Ft. Worth. Running it in my signature. Very happy.

I'm glad I read thru the forum before I posted. I'm getting ready to rebuild mine there's a few differant companys out there and they all seem to be about the same price. My question is on the gears, are the ones that say aftermarket better then the ones that don't say nothing at all?

Throwing some mud in here, but I've broke 3 of their transmissions. I don't do business with them unless its buying the parts from them...

Back