nv4500 to 47rh/re swap

98grail

Hi I have a 98 12 valve with a nv4500 transmission. im looking to possibly swap it out for a manual shifted 47re or rh transmission. what parts would I need to do the swap and which transmission would be a better candidate for it? To shift it would a ratchet shifter/ floor mounted unit be good as I want to avoid having to swap out columns and keep it more simple and fun. and do the driveshaft and t case line up from going manual to auto thanks.

Manual valvebody, lock up switch, OD switch, and rewiring the clutch safety switch are really all that need to change.

Front driveshaft may need to be longer, and rear shorter

ok which transmission would you recommend for the swap and is it just a basic switch for lock up and od

Either would work with a manual VB

Switches just connects the OD and lockup solenoid to ground

I think I may go with the 47rh would I need to do anything with the throttle cable and how about the revers lights. also does anyone have pictures of there floor mounted shifter thanks

Throttle cable is the same, you could add a throttle valve cable if need be. Your pump bracket should already have a spot for it. And there's a switch on the RH's for the reverse lights, you'd just have to wire it in.
I believe there's another thread about floor shifters with a lot of pics

c997bc3ecec7c605f42e749652ec77c3.jpg

Back