nv4500 transfer case

PHP

Hey I'm building a truck right now. running 12v and nv4500 in a ford. my question is I have a 241 DLD hanging behind the trans now. I have a ford NP271 that I have sitting in the shop. I did some research on here and I cant find exactly what has to be done to mate the 271 to the nv4500. It looks to me that guys have done it. comparing them the splines are different and shaft size and lengths are different. Looking for some help from some one who has done this.

Hey I'm building a truck right now. running 12v and nv4500 in a ford. my question is I have a 241 DLD hanging behind the trans now. I have a ford NP271 that I have sitting in the shop. I did some research on here and I cant find exactly what has to be done to mate the 271 to the nv4500. It looks to me that guys have done it. comparing them the splines are different and shaft size and lengths are different. Looking for some help from some one who has done this.

You just need to swap the input shaft from the Dodge version and the rest works fine. You will want to go to a really heavy duty slip joint on the driveshaft, any off the shelf flanges that will bolt to the rear output flange on the Ford T-case doesn't hold up very well. I ended up custom machining a pilot and bolt pattern in the output flange to allow a larger slip and 1550 yoke setup that has been bullet proof now.

IIRC the output on a Nv4500 is a 29 spline. Need to get the 29 spline input for the 271. They were behind manual trucks and 68rfe autos. The 47s and 48s autos had a 24 spline output.

Back