nv4500

12vChapa

Putting a dual disc clutch and a nv4500 in a 1990 w250. The tc is a np205, the adapter that goes from the trans shaft to the tc shaft. The adapter goes flush on the tc shaft but on the trans shaft it does not because of the seal. What should I do to fix it?

You can't run the rear seal in the adapter with the NP205 off the back of the NV4500. So remove that seal and everything will slip together fine. There is a double seal on the input shaft on the NP205, so you don't have to worry about cross contamination of fluids. But you should run an extra quart of the Castrol Syntorque fluid in your NV4500 because some will end up inside the adapter.

Ok awesome good to hear! So I guess get the gasket sealer and put in between the trans housing and the tc.

Awesome thanks guys I have her all bolted up now just have to do the hydraulics then its good to go!

Everything is put in and started driving around and the more i drove there was a horrible noise that started, above 1400 rpm it would quit. I took it to a trans shop and the pulled it and the 1st clutch disk to the motor the disk is hitting the flywheel bolts. What needs to be changed?

Yes i got the adapter plate that bolts to the block, the mechanic is thinking it maybe the wrong one. Do you have a part number for the one i should use. It was a 2nd gen plate from a nv4500

I don't have a part number. But the 2nd gen one is noticeably thicker then a 1st gen one. What was actually hitting?

The disc and flywheel bolts. The adapter that goes from the output shaft of the transmission to the transfercase shaft the adapter will not fit because of the seal on the transfercase.

Don't use the factory flywheel bolts. You need to use the bolts provided from the clutch manufacture.

Back