nv4500

sdime89

sdime89
will a nv4500 out of a chevy fit behind a cummins? and wat is needed to use it? input output changed? and this is 2wd is there any way to convert it to 4wd? thank you for any help

towards the upper right, theres a word, uses the letters s, e, a, r, c and h

click it.

type in chevy nv4500 and i bet youll find more than one post to help you out, even on in the last week

Last edited:
Find the right tranny...too many things to change to make a 2wd a 4wd...input shaft and bell housing are easy;)

Searching would be a great place to start too;);)
Chris

towards the upper right, theres a word, uses the letters s, e, a, r, c and h

click it.

type in chevy nv4500 and i bet youll find more than one post to help you out, even on in the last week

sorry searched for a while and didnt get the straight answer i wanted. none said anything about 2wd to 4wd. i asked a simple question that i was confused on. dont know why you gotta try and make someone look stupid

sorry searched for a while and didnt get the straight answer i wanted. none said anything about 2wd to 4wd. i asked a simple question that i was confused on. dont know why you gotta try and make someone look stupid

That's because it will take a complete main shaft to do so, as well as an output housing...no one has asked...I don't know why.

Chris

I'm sure not all chevy NV4500s are the same, but some turn into a 3spd with double od if you manage to install a 1-3/8" input. The same can be accomplished with a dodge NV4500 with the right combo of parts.

Aha...that could be kinda cool for a light little truck...so you lose 1st gear, or 4th?

Chris

I'm not 100% sure which gear you loose, it's been a while. It could only be cool for a street truck and that would be marginal, definitely not cool for towing.

I'm not 100% sure which gear you loose, it's been a while. It could only be cool for a street truck and that would be marginal, definitely not cool for towing.

No, not cool for towing at all!

I was thinking like a 1/2 ton mileage machine
Chris

now will a chevy nv4500 main shaft out of a 91 fit in a 98 4500 to convert it to 4wd if i use chevy transfercase?

Back